8/31 Great time..!

Drtbkrdude

Who's the decal fuck that ran you off? Guess he thought he was faster than he really is.
So common for riders on that track! That's why I don't go there anymore.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Drtbkrdude;287349 wrote: Who's the decal fuck that ran you off? Guess he thought he was faster than he really is.
Exactly my point about passing rules in the thread about the SED days about inside passing after tip-in. That's EXACTLY what happened there. Close pass on the inside after the rider being passed (cbrcrducmonster) had already started turning in. Luckily cbrcrducmonster wasn't hit, and managed to stay up after being run off the track.

Drtbkrdude

Thought of you immediately, Judy! Figured you might have an opinion on this video.
The asshat should be barred for one of the days he signed up for.
I could accept that in 'B' maybe even 'I', but not in 'A'! Not enough eyes watching the 'A' group.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Drtbkrdude;287359 wrote: Thought of you immediately, Judy! Figured you might have an opinion on this video.
The asshat should be barred for one of the days he signed up for.
I could accept that in 'B' maybe even 'I', but not in 'A'! Not enough eyes watching the 'A' group.
Shouldn't be accepted in B or I, either, since there's no inside passing. Violates the A group rule of being courteous and not stuffing up the inside. It might have been less close if the green bike doing the passing was further to the right and leaving more room, not so close to cbrcrducmonster.

Drtbkrdude;287349 wrote: Who's the decal fuck that ran you off? Guess he thought he was faster than he really is.
dont know the rider.. did wonder why he was so close, and he had plenty of room to be more inside to the apex....

thouchin

I dont consider that a stuff. First the camera is point very much to the left so it looks like the green bike is not as far forward as he actually is. Looks to me like he was completely past the guy before tipping in. Second the rider has a ton more peripheral vision than is shown in the video so he knew the green bike was there way before he showed up on the screen.

The only thing the green bike did wrong was passing too close.... maybe.

I think you need to be able to deal with this in A group. You're right, you could have gone around the outside two wide... but most likely you would have ended up behind him before you got to corner exit and all would be fine.

T.J.

Kwick

Control Rider
cbrcrducmonster;287087 wrote: great time on Saturday and went moto-crossing sunday really.... and on Saturday by accident :)

http://youtu.be/3Kxt7ZtRq6k
Hey! I have that turn 1 incident on my camera! I was right behind you when the green bike came on the inside of you at turn 1. I was surprised that he did that. you kept it together really well though. If I ever get to it, I will post the vid to you tube of maybe just a snippet of it since my upload speeds are crap.

If I manage to do it I will post the link to this thread.

Kwick

Control Rider
I just looked at the incident in my vid like 6 times or so. we both came up on you pretty fast in the braking zone. I though he was going to wait, but according to the view from my video camera, he was right along side you and maybe slightly ahead before turn-in. According to my view there was no contact at all, however, he did not hold his line tight to the apex. If he had been able to hold a tight apex you would have probably had room. It is also clear from my vid that he did look back over his shoulder after he got through the turn to check on you. I take that as an indication of concern for what happened on his part.

Again, glad you kept both wheels on the ground and were able to ride it out.

Judy,

I remember your incident in turn 4 at thunderbolt. I never got to talk to you about it that day, but I saw that guy actually shove his way in to you and make contact. He came into that corner really hot and aggressive never giving the courtesy of making his presence known by showing a wheel or anything. So I am certain you have very strong and justifiable feeling about this. Just so you know, I am not saying what the green bike did was perfectly ok, just reporting what I saw in my vid which I hope to have posted at some point

Kwick;287442 wrote: Hey! I have that turn 1 incident on my camera! I was right behind you when the green bike came on the inside of you at turn 1. I was surprised that he did that. you kept it together really well though. If I ever get to it, I will post the vid to you tube of maybe just a snippet of it since my upload speeds are crap.

If I manage to do it I will post the link to this thread.

cool thanks... I was actually finished braking pretty much and was planning to carry my speed if not more into the turn, and I remeber actually matching his speed and passing and pulling ahead of him for a slight second and had thougths of going two a breast, if he gave me a foot or two of more room.. I thought it was pretty cool at the moment and would of thought other wise i figure if I hit the ground... and the in field is smoother than it looks and expected... I have Low sided in that corner a few years ago.
( i just made sure that I was straight up and down running into the infield and not pitched)

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
Kwick;287753 wrote: OK ... Here is the link. It should be uploaded by Sunday Morning. I cropped the vid to start at the exit of turn 5 and it ends just after the incident as we round turn 2.
http://youtu.be/a5FoeefbRR4
He didn't seem focused, he was looking back in every corner and just completely blew the apex in turn 1. Glad everything worked out the way it did...

borislav

Control Rider
vinny337;287771 wrote: He didn't seem focused, he was looking back in every corner and just completely blew the apex in turn 1. Glad everything worked out the way it did...
^^^^^+1000
First of all what is he doing looking back...!!!???
He blew turn one by 3 feet (if he did it correctly that would be enough for OP to stay on the track)!!!

R1Baby

Control Rider
Agreed, if he had kept it tight, would have been plenty of room for both of you in turn 1. Several other turns he keep adjusting his lean angle during and thru the turn. Not looking ahead far enough to make a correct turn in point. And I also thought there was no passing in the ess's. or is that only for I group, correct me if I'm wrong.

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
Shipmate!! Haven't said that in a while...:D In "A" you can pass anywhere, it applies to all groups that you need to be respectful of your fellow rider.

LesPow

Control Rider
I contemplated saying anything about this incident, but, we have to learn from mistakes and continue pushing the limits in a safe, smooth transition of our riding abilities. That being said, yes the green bike rider was looking back too much which is wrong and also missed the apex at turn one. Now in my opinion CBRCRDUCMONSTER should have seen this pass being made and adjusted his entry speed earlier, just a learning experience in my opinion. At times in our riding development there are certain skills that are needed to be developed to handle the many diff. situations that might present themselves on the track and this was one of them. Im sure CBRDUC would agree that he could have made the turn upon looking back at not only the vid. but the choice he made by carrying his entry speed. He could have for eg. after seeing the green bike enter his inside, continue to brake, slowing his usual entry, and then turning in later, apexing later, getting on the gas sooner than Mr. green, then taking back the position bet. one and two. ( or not.....)but the adjustment that needed to be made was to slow the entry letting Mr. green run wide then come back on his inside, (or not...) Its the same as making the outside pass you have to carry enough entry to get away from the riders normal drift line on the gas....so you could say CBRDUC attempted a outside pass but did not factor in that Mr green would run wide....Anywayz The fact is Mr. green did make a legal pass going into turn one, and ran wide. It happens and will happen again. This is part of pushing the limits in a safe environment and learning from mistakes or developing the skills needed, physically and mentally.