8/31 Njmp I group Crash

I could not have been that far behind you cuz it looked like you were just trying to gather yourself when I came through. I then told myself don't look stupid. It really is a fast turn and something about going under that bridge makes it extra hairy. Well it does for me anyway. Glad your ok cuz that's what matters

erick1670

JimmyW;286960 wrote: It really is a fast turn and something about going under that bridge makes it extra hairy. Well it does for me anyway.
You not the only one... It does for me too...

Zebman

Each turn you passed I was thinking "Man it's gotta be here, there's no way he clipped that sweeper and is.. oh.. oh man."

130mph lowside... how are you feeling?

TProc

easley419;286953 wrote: I think that is a correct. The curbing is very rough there.
Yo Easley......remember years back when TBolt first opened and I hit the curb in front of you????
Went into a lowside, I let go of the bike and gave up, then the bike stood back up and took me with it and finished the corner.
:wow: :wow: :wow:

Definitely can be an interesting corner, glad you are able to share your experience with us.afterwards

kappy1000

Control Rider
Director
Josh...Glad you are okay. Looking forward to you getting back out, so we can roll. You have come a long way over the last year!

sti2.5ldohc

Dave561;286959 wrote: Looks like it.nothing else seems out of place. Glad you were ok. That's a quick turn
Thanks, will defiantly focus on staying tight but not touching that curbing anymore.

andykurz;286965 wrote: Are you ok?
Yes, I am pretty sore but It could've been much worse.

Zebman;286969 wrote: Each turn you passed I was thinking "Man it's gotta be here, there's no way he clipped that sweeper and is.. oh.. oh man."

130mph lowside... how are you feeling?
This being my first high speed crash I am feeling alright all things considered. Mainly a bruised shoulder, and a burn from how hot the leathers got.

JimmyW;286960 wrote:
I could not have been that far behind you cuz it looked like you were just trying to gather yourself when I came through. I then told myself don't look stupid. It really is a fast turn and something about going under that bridge makes it extra hairy. Well it does for me anyway. Glad your ok cuz that's what matters
Yes I always hesitate going under the bridge as well. I am glad you were not directly behind me cause I would have hated to see another rider go down as well.

kappy1000;286972 wrote:
Josh...Glad you are okay. Looking forward to you getting back out, so we can roll. You have come a long way over the last year!
I have been really enjoying this year in I group trying to learn more and more everyday. I am looking to get my bike back together and possible do the skills day at NJMP.

Last Week

I did the same thing at VIR south this month at the new oak tree curbing. Clipped it and washed the front out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

ScottLevy

Control Rider
Josh -

Glad you're ok. I saw the aftermath from the VIP Suite balcony. Didn't look pretty.

Are you geared down? 130mph seems too high a number for that apex.

I've hit that curbing many times and the front has been compliant coming back onto the track. I wonder if your suspension is too stiff or maybe you were running a little too much PSI in the tire? Just some things to think about.

Again - glad to see you're ok!

greyarea

I was riding a little bit behind you so didn't exactly see it. I also run over that curbing occasionally, I just keep on throttle which at that point is about 90%. Maybe you chopped it there or go off the throttle a little? That could do it for sure. Good you're ok though, that's the big thing.

Kwick

Control Rider
Number864;286990 wrote: Josh -

Glad you're ok. I saw the aftermath from the VIP Suite balcony. Didn't look pretty.

Are you geared down? 130mph seems too high a number for that apex.

I've hit that curbing many times and the front has been compliant coming back onto the track. I wonder if your suspension is too stiff or maybe you were running a little too much PSI in the tire? Just some things to think about.

Again - glad to see you're ok!
In the Vid his speedo reads about 130mph before he goes down. That is where the reference to speed come from. It is most likely high speedo error as it is very unlikely that someone in I group (or even a normal A guy) is carrying that speed at that apex. He was certainly moving at a decent clip though. Glad he is ok.

sti2.5ldohc

I was running 32psi front and 23psi rear. They are Dunlop sport max's. I've had my suspension set up by mark bilt. I've hit that curbing before and had no issue. I'm not sure about my sprockets but il check them to see how off the speedo is.