92nd Annual Pike's Peak International Hill Climb

tittys04

The 92nd Annual Pike's Peak International Hill Climb is fast approaching! The event kicks off with Pike's Peak Auto Show from June 20-22nd. Tech inspection for all of the racers is on June 23rd, and practice is from June 24th through the 27th. Also on the 27th is Fan Fest, which showcases many of the race vehicles, freestyle motocross acts, and many other activities throughout the night. Fan Fest alone is estimated to bring nearly 40,000 people into the streets of downtown Colorado Springs. The main event, "The Race to the Clouds," is Sunday, June 29th. It features roughly 80 motorcycle entries, as well as around 80 car entries. Among the motorcycle entries this year are racers you may have heard of... Jeremy Toye and Guy Martin, both Isle of Man TT veterans. There is also a very impressive list of car competitors. Can't make it to CO to watch in person? That's ok, they will be streaming the races live online!

Haven't heard of PPIHC? That's ok, check out this highlight video from last year, the 91st Annual PPIHC. What's wrong? Why is your heart beating so fast, and why are your palms sweating? Want more? How about a video shot by OnTheThrottle documenting Jake Holden's first time up the mountain in 2012?

This is all cool, but why am I sharing this with you? Well... It's simple, really. One of your own will be competing this year. I started doing track days with NESBA back in 2008, and did a ton of them between then and 2010. In 2010, I moved to St. Louis right around the collapse of the Midwest region, so I started racing with MCRA. After a couple of seasons racing with MCRA and WERA, the wife and I have moved back to the east coast, back to where it all started. Prior to moving, I had made plans to compete in this race, and I decided that an extra 800 miles of travel wasn't going to keep me from competing in the closest thing the US has to the Isle of Man TT. So, in a couple weeks, we will make the journey from the east coast all the way to Colorado Springs.

This year has been a challenge, to say the least. I'm on a new-to-me R6, I changed tire and fuel brands, and I'm competing in a race that truly separates the men from the boys. In my first weekend out, I discovered that the bike had a blown head gasket and I've been working frantically to get the bike in shape for the race. I've finally gotten the bike working correctly, so now it's a matter of finishing touches, safety wiring, changing tires, etc. I'm extremely excited for the race, but butterflies are starting to find their way to my stomach.

I'll do my best to document the trip, the practice, and the race for all that are interested. I hope to raise awareness of this race to the motorcycle world because it truly is an amazing event... the second oldest race in the US, only the Indy 500 beats it. To get updates in real time, check out and like my Facebook page. I also have a website that includes videos, pictures, and race reports from previous races. Feel free to browse and learn about me and my race program. Lastly, if you feel so inclined to help support my race program and help me make this event possible, I would greatly appreciate any contribution you find appropriate to my GoFundMe page. If you're unable to do that, just sharing the page on Facebook, Twitter, or even emailing it to anyone you think would be interested, would be a huge help.

I'm really looking forward to the event, and I'm excited to share the experience with all of you!

tittys04

Well... Unfortunately things didn't go like I had planned. I crashed at the top of the mountain on the first practice day, broke my foot and slammed a boulder into the crankcase of my engine, which ended my run. You can check out the race report here... I still had a great time and learned a lot, looking forward to giving it another shot.

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
Glad you're OK....also happier you found Lemondrop.....kinda thought he'd disappeared on us.