98 600 GSXR Front Brakes

treker8098

I am learning all I can on this bike before moving on and am soliciting some help from some of you who may have run this bike years ago.

The front brakes have been a bit "squishy." Pumping them periodically, bleeding them at all the connections, and tying the lever in place for periods of time all seem to help. I have read that the outer seals in the calipers can be sensitive to any amount of corrosion or debris which could contribute to the condition.

I have finally tired of the condition and am rebuilding the MC and calipers;Tokico 4-piston. By the way, hard lines had previously been installed. I am running new EBC Wave Rotors and HH pads.

Has anyone ever substitutted another MC? Are there other tips to keep in mind?

Thanks!

treker8098

Another recent thought:
Some of the race cars I have been around have used a small inline valve to help keep the caliper pistons from drawing back. I think the valve may have held about 2 p.s.i. Does anyone know if newer master cylinders, such as Brembo, have something like this incorporated? Or should I just go for a master cylinder with a larger piston to help over come the feeling I am getting?