98 YZF600R $1400 or BO

thesnowgod

I bought this bike with the intention of turning it into a trackbike. In the meantime I bought another bike all ready for track duty plus I own a streetbike. Since I don't need TWO bikes for the track and a third for the road, this one has gotta go.

Its a 1998 YZF600R (not the R6). Approx 38,000 miles or so. It has a clean and clear NY State title. Not salvage or rebuilt, CLEAR. I started to tear it down for track duty but I still have all the parts I took off (horn, mirrors, lights, etc).

Since I've bought it I changed ALL fluids and all the filters. I also bled the brakes (basically to flush out the old fluid and add new) front and rear. It runs perfectly and the previous owner added a brand new K&N air filter as well as a Metzeler M3 rear tire.

WHAT IT NEEDS:
The plastics are shot. They are all there but they are rough. For track duty they're fine but on the street, they look pretty ratty. It will also need a front tire. When I picked it up it had 5 (yes, FIVE) pounds of air in it and the tread is GONE. I wouldn't ride it around the block with that tire. I also needs new front pads. The key is there and works for opening the helmet lock and gas cap but you really need to wiggle it a LOT to eventually get the ignition to turn. I took off the top triple with the ignition in it to bring to a locksmith to figure out since I didn't want to be on the grid for my first trackday and have to fiddle for 5 minutes to get the key to turn. But since I'm selling it, and it does work eventually, I'm just putting it back on. Others suggested removing it since I was gonna run it on the track but I like having a key. I'm weird like that. It will also need a new chain and sprockets. The sprockets look ok but the chain looks like it was pulled from the bow of the Titanic and I always replace as a set anyways.

Bike is located in CNY. I live between Utica and Syracuse. I will be happy to help with delivery as long as ya help me out with a little gas money but I'd really rather keep the travelling within NY State. Time is something I have very little of so I'd rather not travel too far and have to stay in a hotel overnight. I could only assist with delivery on weekends though. Once the bike is paid for, I can mail you the title and have no problems storing the bike for as long as you'd like. I don't care if you want me to hold it till spring. I will and of course, for no charge.

Any other questions, please ask here or better yet email me at yzf600rusa@hotmail.com All email comes to my phone. I will respond as fast as I can.

Thanks guys.

Ron

ps. As it sits right now, I have the plastics off. Since I was planning on getting race plastics I never reinstalled them. I can do that or simply leave it as is. (I'd rather just leave it as is of course but I can work with ya).

thesnowgod

Wow. Over 700 views and zero offers? I honestly thought it would go quickly. Already bought and paid for my "new" trackbike so I need to say good bye to this one. For some of you familiar with NESBA or long term members, you may have known Ashwin #788. His screen name was Ashwingop here. He was from Illinois. He passed away after a motorcycle accident on the street in 2009 and his trackbike was sold shortly afterwards. Once I found out it was for sale again, I grabbed it as fast as I could. I will be travelling from NY to go get it.

Here is an updated offer:

$1200 for this bike with NO CHARGE delivery to anyone within NY State OR anyone along my pathway from NY to Illinois when I go to get Ash's bike (most likely in a few weeks). That's ZERO charge to deliver it to your home or shop. Clean title in hand.

SGT-CHAOS

I hope you sale it bro. Maybe someone who's looking to start off with something.

Good luck with it.

The Sergeant-

thesnowgod

Another bounce to the top. Hoping to head to Illinois within the next two or three weeks to get my other trackbike. This one has gotta go and I can bring it with me to deliver to some lucky buyer along the way from NY.

Lemme know. :)