A big thank you to the entire Summit Point Team

flaggerjohn

I want to first say thanks for the feedback I’ve received on the P.A. Announcements and the event overall. I appreciate the kinds words a lot. I wanted to take a moment and hopefully without sounding

Like an Academy Awards speech to place kudos on our entire team at Summit Point. We had 10 flaggers each day who stayed diligent and alert even during the hottest times. I received spot on radio calls, especially for the serious incidents that weekend. The calls I received gave me exactly what I needed to make the decision on whether to keep the track hot or red flag. A special thanks to Steve who worked Start Saturday and Dennis who worked turn 1 Sunday. Temple Wilson is one of our flaggers who served the weekend as a floater. By rotating station to station, he allowed us to minimize down time by relieving flaggers and also providing them with much needed hydration. Temple also made a few passes on track to retrieve debris which also saved on idle time. Larry and Bryant staffed our crash truck and with each tow, they got a little quicker. They hustled both days and really helped to speed up any shut down time we had. A big round of applause to our EMS / Fire staff. You always hope they’re not needed and can sit next to Chez Summit but when we did need them they sprang into action and performed flawlessly. Speaking of Chez Summit, thanks to those lovely ladies who prepare the food and always greet participants with a smile. WE are also blessed with an awesome maintenance staff and finally to Kathleen and Chris who have assembled the team that I’m lucky to work with each weekend.

A special thanks to the participants who understood why we shut down when we did with various incidents and to those riders and control riders who came in to alert me to debris that we weren’t able to see from our flag stations. I’m looking forward to the next N2 event, and I hope I’ll be working that one too. It was an awesome weekend.

I'm proud to play a part in a fantastic team of people at Summit Point.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Thanks, John. You and your team did an awesome job for us this past weekend. I always appreciate the job the cornerworkers do to keep us safe out there!!

Motofun352

Control Rider
You guys (and gals) rocked it! I especially appreciate the additional info you gave that minimized the time we spent baking on hot pit.:like: