A coulple of questions for you track day vets...

hooligan998

A few newb questions here:

1) The handbook states that numbering must be 6" in height. How strict are they on this detail?

2) My buddy said he remembers reading somewhere about a tech inspection fee. I read the handbook and it does not mention any such fee. Is there a tech inspection fee on top of the registration fee?

3) Where is a good local source to get vinyl numbers for my bike? I am in the Richmond, VA area.

Thanks!

snikwad

no inspection fee.

and the numbers, ive seem everything from sharpie to Pro paint jobs. NESBA doesnt stress petty crap like that. make it nice and legible at speed and you'll be fine.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Mine are 5 inch and they're fine. Some bike shops carry the vinyl numbers like they put on dirt bikes. Or, PM gkotlin on this forum and he can make some for you in the size/color you need for your bike.

Mikey75702

1) I think they are pretty lax on the size of the numbers, as others have said, make sure they are legible.

2) That's the CR beer fee I think.... Each control rider gets a minimum of 1 beer the night before the event :D

3) some bike shops sell the numbers, you can get them from a few people on here, or you can go buy the 4" house/mailbox numbers from your local hardware store.

betarace

You can buy numbers at staples or office depot or make some out of painters tape too. Painters tapers usually run #1 11 or 111.

hooligan998

I actually found a place online where I custom ordered some numbers for the front of my bike. I think they are going to look really cool. Wasn't expensive either, just under $13.

Here is a link for any interested: http://doityourselflettering.com/

My numbers are 6" x 8" total, and they taper down from the middle to match the shape of the area above the headlights. I will post a pic in this thread when they arrive and I get them on.

hooligan998

Here is a pic of what the numbers will look like. They actually sent me a pic with the e-mailed receipt that I could save to my pics.

dolfnz67

hooligan998;197061 wrote: I actually found a place online where I custom ordered some numbers for the front of my bike. I think they are going to look really cool. Wasn't expensive either, just under $13.

Here is a link for any interested: http://doityourselflettering.com/

My numbers are 6" x 8" total, and they taper down from the middle to match the shape of the area above the headlights. I will post a pic in this thread when they arrive and I get them on.
Thanks for the info. I love the fact that you can see how it will come out right away.

lemondrop

Professional Asphalt Surfer
Nice find hooligan. Sprockets or the kawi dealer off Midlothian sells them. $4 for a set of three like numbers. flat black and vinyl. though they tend to run out quickly.