A few race videos

Backmarker

Control Rider
Good stuff !

While you were out riding the guy in senior at Barber it's hard to keep up when he's on a bigger bike.
You pushed him into making mistakes... You made him ride defensive which slowed him down.

Nice riding :D

Suburbanrancher

Cool videos Dave! The ending of lap 1 in the Senior was interesting for sure. I'm watching it intently on the widescreen monitor, getting in the groove when you come out of 14 and then I'm like "Wha-Wha-WTF is that?".

Good job man :cool:

dpullen

Yeah, that bike was still moving, with pieces bouncing all over the place, when I came through there. They got it out of the way quick, though!

Blinky

Dave, you can really haul some ass. You passed some of them like they were in the beginner group.

:popcorn:

dpullen

Well, in all fairness, I think some of them are in the beginner group...a lot of them are first time racers and on the track.

Jim, no cheater motor...I haven't quite figured out how to cram an R1 motor in the frame... :)

Blinky

I know a way of craming a R1 engine in an R6 is to just switch the names...

So how in the heck can I get my license? I need more practice... I keep looking but everything just looks difficult and hard to understand where to obtain one and even how to get started...

I'm planing on going to Level 3 and 4 with CSS this August at VIR.

dpullen

For WERA, there are a few way that you can get your race license. Attending a "recognized" racing school is one way (Ed Bargy Racing School, Cornerspeed, Kevin Schwantz, etc). I suspect that CSS is another one, but I'm not entirely sure. If you take a test that covers the flags and race start procedures, then it will be accepted.

Then, you just send in a copy of your school completion certificate with the WERA First Time Membership form (http://www.wera.com/pdfs/forms/member.pdf) to WERA, and you will get your provisional license. Complete 2 race weekends without crashing, and you get your full race license.

More info can be found here: http://www.wera.com/rulebook/?x=1098#ch7

Scroll down to #12 for WERA licensing requirements.

jimgl3

you know i'm just shine'in ya! it's really quite sweet watchin ya pick off those big bikes with your smoothness and prowess! ;)

i'm looking forward to getting back on the track next weekend, but you know i won't be truly happy till i'm back at Barber!

at present i'm about to kick back and watch Ben, Nicky and Colin do the business.

Blinky

Thanks Dave, Maybe by next year I will try some races, but by the mean time I need some help. I'm going to try and take some of those classes if I don't spend all my money on Nesba.

This is so addicting, I need someone to pay me to do track time so I can be out there forever.

:popcorn: