A Group

chambers

Trying to find out some info for some fellow riders that are wanting to come to Baber April 25 & 26th. There are about 3-5 of them that are ex WERA Racers and are wanting to get in the A class. I know I read something about this somewhere, maybe in another thread. They are not NESBA members just yet but have no problem becoming members. When I say ex racers I mean they have been out for approximately 2 years and have let their licenses expire.

So my question for you (so I can pass on to them), what would they need to do in order to get into A Group?

Would they have to start in "I" and get a bump from the CR's if deemed?

Could they just bring their expired license and get into A?

Any advice would be appreciated so I could pass it along to them ASAP so they can get signed up.

Thanks.

Thunderace

BIG JIM
Control Rider
The rule is either earn your stripes and work your way up through the ranks or have an expert race license. If they had an expert race license at one point, they would need to submit the question to info@nesba.com. I don't know the exact rule, but I thought they had to have a valid expert license. Best to check with the powers that be to be sure.

Katie has the kung-fu typing skills and beat me to it!

chambers

I just looked up the one guy that I personally know, Jason Trowbridge #89 on the WERA website. It does show that he was racing expert in several different fields and it looks like he hasn't raced since 2006. Not for sure about his buddies, but if they raced with him they are probably in the same class. I will pass on the email address listed to see if he can make it happen. thanks for the replies.

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
That's WHY NESBA is the Shizzle of track day orgs..and if you can make it through the ranks and have the honor of wearing the NESBA black A sticker on your bike..you've accomplished a LOT as a rider.

ta2kutz

i think derek shot one across my bow at njmp coming into the decrease turn on thunderbolt....... outside me right across the front i almost sh** myself. hot damn.
that was my first day in a group too and my first day on thunderbolt.

Bluenvy

Buck scared the ever loving shit out of me one time at Beaver. it was me and a guy about 15-20 feet ahead of me, and we were going down into turn 4, im leaned over just about to set the front and i see this blue blur come from my outside, cut in front of me, and go up the inside of the guy in front of me all, as we are starting to turn into 4. i swear to god i thought he was going to hit me, he was so close to my front wheel lol. this was my first day in the A group though, so im a little more use to those kinda passes now, but still i was like DAMN!
oh yeah and then there was when greg winslow passed me on the inside of the kink before the carousel at beaver like i was standing still. nuts.

ta2kutz

thats the same scenario i had. i thought that the lunatic was gonna clip my front tire.........
my first day too. those a guys are nutz!!!!!

rk97

I like the picture of BobbyG(?) ON the A rider's wheel waving to his rearward facing camera

...with his throttle hand.

Bluenvy

rk97;37555 wrote: I like the picture of BobbyG(?) ON the A rider's wheel waving to his rearward facing camera

...with his throttle hand.
i remember seeing this pic, priceless :cool:

Ruhe52

Fact is all the CRs and a lot of other guys and gals in A are way fast. Do watch out for Derek after lunch. He has buzzed me so many times that I feel lost if he doesn't.

coming down the front at Barber ok there is my breaking marker zzzzzooooooooooom Derek rolls by like I am standing still that is my turn in point. Damn if he ever pits out while I am still out there I might straight line off turn one for lack of ref point.

If you really want a good perspective of just how fast A group is. Stand on the infield going into turn 5 at Barber and watch how fast they roll into turn 5 and how late they brake.

Of course to do that you need to have a early session screw up that puts you into the infield waiting on the crash truck so perhaps the advice is bad.

Ride safe ride at whatever pace produces smiles for miles and not poop in your leathers.

riddler

cyclerant;37579 wrote: Fact is all the CRs and a lot of other guys and gals in A are way fast. Do watch out for Derek after lunch. He has buzzed me so many times that I feel lost if he doesn't.

coming down the front at Barber ok there is my breaking marker zzzzzooooooooooom Derek rolls by like I am standing still that is my turn in point. Damn if he ever pits out while I am still out there I might straight line off turn one for lack of ref point.

If you really want a good perspective of just how fast A group is. Stand on the infield going into turn 5 at Barber and watch how fast they roll into turn 5 and how late they brake.

Of course to do that you need to have a early session screw up that puts you into the infield waiting on the crash truck so perhaps the advice is bad.

Ride safe ride at whatever pace produces smiles for miles and not poop in your leathers.
:haha: smiles for miles and no poop in your leathers... That should be a T-shirt.

Emerson

BobbleHeadMoto
Control Rider
ATP/3C
I remember one time MORPH passed me at like 300 MPH............................................... on the straight!!! :doh: :haha: