A peek at Moriwaki's New Moto2 MD600

JonnyZ!

As many are aware 2 strokes are being engineered out of international competition under the premis of "air quality" but that's just horse shit.....Raceing and air quality is an oxymoron. It's Honda's agenda to level the playing field by forcing the support classes of MotoGP into 4 strokes......... But I digress

Moto2 will be the new designation for the 250cc 2 stroke class

Some interesting rules for the new class.

Bike will be 600cc 4 stroke prototype (non factory frame/engine) absolutely no production parts
Electronics (traction control,telemetry etc.) will be prohibited ECU's will be provided by the governing board
The cost will be capped

There will be one motor manufacturer ........ There should be some real fighting on this one

At the end of any race the power plant of any rider can be purchased by an opposing team at a fixed price.

All this is an attempt to reign in the astronomical expenses of MotoGP racing and keep the competition tight (as if they're not trading paint already)

An rough outline of the class are here

Any way here it is ........notice I didn't say "She" :mad:

moriwaki.jpg

If I wanted to see 600's I'd watch World Super Sport

JonnyZ!

If they're going 4 stroke I think a 400cc class would be really sweet....
Singles of large displacement vibrate like tickle me Elmo on a defibrillator.....

I think it's time for a rebirth of a modernized 400cc production bike.

I would love to see a 400cc triple in a #275-300 pound package.... I think it could be accomplished and I for one would save my pennies for one of these.

FZR400 is still a runner today..19 years later!

and this is just plain beautiful
vfr400.jpg

crewnutz

1literduceater;50507 wrote: Dumb question - how different will the 600's be from what the big boys are riding now???
totally different frames.................

totally different 600 engine.........BUT as of now its supposed to be a spec engine made by the same manufacturer for all the race teams involved

which is uber gay IMO

JonnyZ!

This MD600 there is very much like the moriwaki 250 that we saw released last year. The bike is cobbled together and this is just one example of what might be. THe 250's (Moriwaki) shared a considerable amount of parts with the Honda RS125's
Honda has it's own series stateside for the Moriwaki with good money on the line.(

crewnutz

JonnyZ!;50530 wrote: This MD600 there is very much like the moriwaki 250 that we saw released last year. The bike is cobbled together and this is just one example of what might be. THe 250's (Moriwaki) shared a considerable amount of parts with the Honda RS125's
Honda had it's own series stateside for the Moriwaki with good money on the line.(

JonnyZ!

crewnutz;50537 wrote: umm........the Moriwaki 250 still has its own class in USGPRU and it has a still growing following, lots of very talented riders on them
good contingency program too
the Moriwaki 250's can run with a 125

I totally agree and that's what I was referring to. Changed my had to has..... ( I often post and then edit after posting.....I'm a slow typer)

I love what is happening Stateside with USGPRU. A fantastic organization not only giving the young rider an opportunity to get on the track and develop their skills early but promoting and keeping alive Gran Prix Racing and machines.

It's still grass roots racing and often difficult for these guys to get around the region and or country to race...hence the lower turn out/empty grids.... Initial cost are high too. I'm sure today's economy will continue to make it difficult for parents to promote these "young guns" Would love to see this series expand to grid sizes like the 125's

The demise of the Red Bull Rookies Cup stateside is a huge blow to our young riders as well

Surely not trying to start any argument. I certainly haven't ridden a Moriwaki (not like I can push the 125 anywhere near it's limits... but the consensus I've gotten....... same rider, faster on the 125.
For now at least ;)

pearsonm

I've heard for some time now that two-strokes can be just as environmentally efficient as four-strokes. For example, last week at MotorcycleDaily.com: Yowza! Aussie Shop Building 1100cc Two-Stroke Triple.

I know it sounds silly, but I'd like to see GP rules incorporate a maximum emissions rule so that development of two-strokes can continue. I'd also like to see them raise or completely drop the maximum cc rule, but that's for another thread.