A trailer interior re-do

Matt

ERB68;181484 wrote: Oooohh I know what you mean. The next trailer will be 6'6" clear height, so sick of hitting my head :banghead:.

Nice job looks good.

you'd need to have something in there besides beer for it to really do any damage.

avizpls

#11-A
That is a Sears box. Its not craftsman, but the lesser home brand. I cant find the listing on Sears.com, but if you go into a Sears store, you'll find it for between $95 and $125 depending on the deals that week.

Gorecki

Yeah...that Evolv stuff is NOT really craftsman and is Made in China. Someone got me a rachet set of that stuff a year ago for dads day thinking they were getting *good stuff* and unfortunately it wasn't very good at all! :(

cecilio64

You did a great job!

It wasn't anywhere as nicely setup when I had it, but it worked for me....
021.jpg

and spending a lot of time in it wasn't so bad, once Sonia fixed it up ;)
BHF8-29-09003.jpg

and for sure it looks like a totally different trailer than when I bought it
trailer006.jpg

avizpls

#11-A
Gorecki wrote: that Evolv stuff is NOT really craftsman and is Made in China. Someone got me a rachet set of that stuff a year ago for dads day thinking they were getting *good stuff* and unfortunately it wasn't very good at all!
yeah, I know. but this is a tool box that will be used for about 10/365ths as often as I use the ones in my REAL ones in my garage.

Stay away from the tools, yes.

avizpls

#11-A
cecilio64;181822 wrote: You did a great job!

It wasn't anywhere as nicely setup when I had it, but it worked for me....

and spending a lot of time in it wasn't so bad, once Sonia fixed it up ;)

and for sure it looks like a totally different trailer than when I bought it
lol AWESOME! hey thanks!

I wondered what the linkage on the door was for. Looks like leftover from TWO owners ago!

Rydell

Wow, that's cheap. But seconded, it will be used only in the trailer. I might have to make a stop by Sears tomorrow.

Edit: Reviews seem very positive

Another 15% off if you order it online today or tomorrow. Makes the total $72.

Rydell

Since this thread is on the topic, anyone know exactly what stuff dealers use for the high gloss "plastic" wall liner like in this picture:

DSCN6993.JPG

:notsure:

Rydell

That's why I think it's a plastic. It's got to be. If various trailer dealers are toting "custom high quality race trailers" the lining would have to resist that sort of thing. Metal sheeting is more expensive, incurs more weight, and therefore takes away from your payload. Just more conventional as a plastic in this case.

Aviz, don't feel bad, I'm _ this close to getting that white paperboard. It's only $13 for a 4x8 sheet at the local home improvement store and I'm sure will still stand up to some use. It's cheap enough to replace if you have to, and still looks good.

They had some actual plastic sheets there they promoted as ideal for bathrooms. That's actually pretty close to the picture above, just not as glossy. However, the going price for 4x8 was $34. With a 7x12 you'd need atleast 4 of those...

avizpls

#11-A
^Thats the conversation I had with myself in the store.

I still like the idea of plexiglass over it where there will be rubbing.

mjkuhno

Hey Vinny,

Just checked your thread - nice build. Also, my compliments to Avizpls , the OP, on your trailer; very nice.

One question for you Vinny regarding the Lowes non-skid. Did you add additional grip product or use it straight out of the can? I went to Lowes this weekend and picked up their Val-Spar No Skid paint and talked to one of their paint guys. He suggested buying additional Anti-Skid texture additive just in case, but trying out in small area without it to see.

After a year of use, how well did it hold up - and in your opinion is it worth considering adding the additional texture or does it do well without it?

Thanks!