Aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Trent1098S

I can't stand it anymore. I haven't ridden a motorcycle since April BHF.

I will see some of you fools this weekend at Blackhawk. Doing learning curves, then getting humbled on Sunday. I don't care about lap times, whether I win or lose, or even if I come in last place. Track time is track time... and...

I just wanna go fast!

Trent1098S

Sig fixed!

I don't think the Ducati swingarm is bent. Tonight I tore the whole friggin thing down, enough to get better measurements from the frame to the axle. Before I was measuring from the end of the vortex rearset pegs to the axle - only things sticking out far enough to get a clean line on.

The thing is..it turns out my left rearset is mounted in a different position than the right side, to allow the gp shift bar to clear. Also, the right side rearset mounting tabs are bent to hell and gone from crashing on that side a few times, making the peg stick out at an angle.

(Yeah I'm a dumbass)

Anyway....

Once I took all the BS that was getting in my way off the bike, I measured from 4 different spots on the frame on both sides, it's even.

It's all REALLY clean back there now. I found out my chain wasn't black.. it's silver? I also figured out how to adjust my chain. Kind of easy, really. Just loosen two big bolts, grab a screwdriver & hammer, and bang on the eccentric. The manual calls for 33-35mm (measured from swingarm), I set it at 40mm since "We're not riding the street, yo!"

I'm stoked.

Ordered levers tonight, tomorrow after work it's getting drilled & safety wired, epoxy the tail section back together. Then Thursday it's getting put back together. Hopefully it'll pass tech.

Also tomorrow I'm turning a set of spacers for the gixxer on my lathe in the garage, and mounting those monoblocks up. :D

Gotta go fast... gotta go fast..

Andrei

Trent1098S;128095 wrote:
Once I took all the BS that was getting in my way off the bike, I measured from 4 different spots on the frame on both sides, it's even.
129163531083231869.jpg

make no mistake :D

Matt

YAY!!!!

You have to measure from the swingarm pivot and another point in the frame... rearsets get bent, mounted in different spots, ground down, so the length from them to the rear axle can never be used as a way to check if a swingarm is straight.

See you this weekend buddy. Come pit by us.

Trent1098S

Matt;128154 wrote: YAY!!!!

You have to measure from the swingarm pivot and another point in the frame... rearsets get bent, mounted in different spots, ground down, so the length from them to the rear axle can never be used as a way to check if a swingarm is straight.

See you this weekend buddy. Come pit by us.

You gonna be over by turn 5?

Trent1098S

greeny;128167 wrote: you crazy. i love it :D
I haven't been excited about anything since ... umm.. April.

I've actually been pretty depressed for the last month. Sucks. It was actually Greg Kotlinksky's facebook post that brought me out of my shell. Over the next few hours from that point, I got a fever... his post reminded me I still had a spot reserved for LCR, and I figured "what the hell".

By the end of the night, I was working on the Duc until late, had ordered parts to be shipped by air... yeah. It's bad.

Kind of like all those feelings inside has been bottled up and finally got uncorked. Can't stop thinking about it now.

greeny

don't pit by matt, he's surrounded by an aura of slowness. that shit is contagious, too. :p

why don't u leave the ducati at home? didn't that bike try to kill you? keep things simple this weekend. 1 bike... a couple classes... don't overwhelm yourself. it's gonna be a long summer.

Matt

greeny;128171 wrote: don't pit by matt, he's surrounded by an aura of slowness. that shit is contagious, too. :p

why don't u leave the ducati at home? didn't that bike try to kill you? keep things simple this weekend. 1 bike... a couple classes... don't overwhelm yourself. it's gonna be a long summer.
+1

Trent, you're not going after the overall, especially on those two bikes... leave the duc home. You have enough to deal with learning the racing thing.. you don't need to add that complication too.

and you need numbers on your tail section, can you put them on the ducs tail?

I'm not sure where we're pitting, most likely near the old tech shed / overhangs like we did for nesba @ bhf in april. don't worry about the aura of slowness.. You're on a 1000... you can make it up by twisting the throttle.

JRSMAIL

What size spacers are needed? I have some that allow you to run the 320mm rotors, if that is what is needed.

Trent1098S

greeny;128171 wrote: don't pit by matt, he's surrounded by an aura of slowness. that shit is contagious, too. :p
If running sub 15's is slow, I'll take that slowness.

greeny;128171 wrote: why don't u leave the ducati at home? didn't that bike try to kill you? keep things simple this weekend. 1 bike... a couple classes... don't overwhelm yourself. it's gonna be a long summer.
Yeah it tried to kill me. That's why I want to take it. I gotta get that shit outta my head. The bike didn't cause the crash.. bad wiring between the ears caused that crash. I lost sight of the apex and didn't know where the hell I was or when to turn in.

When I caught sight of the corner, it was too late and off I went. Tried to turn in. Tried like HELL to turn in. Then I ran out of track, hit the gravel, started sliding. As I was leaving the track I made the stupid, dumb, noobish mistake of trying to stand it up. Instead of letting it turn in to a simple lowside, I made the wrong choice, and that bitch ate me for lunch.

Should have just forced it down until it lowsided - I was running off no matter what, as late as I turned in. Would have hurt less. Next time, there's no running off. I'll grind hard parts and let the bitch go before I stand it up and run off.

I highly doubt I can get it ready by this weekend, BUT, there's an Autobahn next weekend.... and that bike (set up as-is) just flat out rocks on North.. :)

Matt;128176 wrote:
+1

Trent, you're not going after the overall, especially on those two bikes... leave the duc home. You have enough to deal with learning the racing thing.. you don't need to add that complication too.

and you need numbers on your tail section, can you put them on the ducs tail?
It'll give me something to do while I'm waiting around Sunday. If nothing else I can spend the time getting it ready for ACC. If I get it done & prepped before then, not much to worry about at all except gassing it up and going out.

You guys worry too much. Believe me, if I have nothing to keep myself occupied with, it'll be much worse. If I sit idle, and have too much time to THINK, I'm gonna worry myself stupid and do dumb shit out there.

Trent1098S

JRSMAIL;128179 wrote: What size spacers are needed? I have some that allow you to run the 320mm rotors, if that is what is needed.
I need the spacers that go between the caliper & fork. One side (fork side) has to have a big opening, the other side (monobloc caliper side) a narrow opening. My Ducati spacers don't fit - both sides of the 10mm spacer on that bike are narrow. Tried to use those after I wadded up the Duc at Blackhawk last month but they won't work.

I'm going out to the garage to make a set on the lathe tonight (IF I got close to the right size bar stock), so don't worry about it.