Absolute Cycle Experience 9/9

Loudy

I am signed up for ACE this coming Monday 9/9/13.

Does anyone with ACE experience have some advice?
What can I expect with ACE?
Do I need to do anything different to my bike for them?
Is the morning schedule similar?

Thanks for any feedback! There isn't much info online compared to NESBA.

andykurz

All nice guys, you will like it (duh, you are at the track). Their rule system is more lax, and they run four groups. If you run "I" with NESBA, most likely, you will get bumped to their "A" group. This group allows inside passing. Enjoy!

Loudy

andykurz;287475 wrote: All nice guys, you will like it (duh, you are at the track). Their rule system is more lax, and they run four groups. If you run "I" with NESBA, most likely, you will get bumped to their "A" group. This group allows inside passing. Enjoy!
Okay, thanks. They did tell me I would most likely be in their "A" group. Do you know if I need to do anything special for their group? It said that coolant removal is recommended.

andykurz

Anything you normally do for I group. As I said, they are more lax. As a courtesy to others, it's always good to take coolant out of the bike. It makes a big slippery mess that is hard to clean if any comes out!

RoyfromAbsolute

Not to "post in" but since we were given the link I like to be clear on things about ACE. We run four groups. I group for us are intros. First timers and those who had their first time and have not advanced to novice yet. No passing in turns. Next is N our novice group. We allow outside passing in this group. The next group is our A group named for advancing. We allow both inside and outside passing in this group. We require 6-10 feet of distance in this group. Riders are flagged in if there is a close pass. Our E group is our Expert group. If you do not hold an Expert license you will need to be approved for this group before entering. Tech in this group required no Freeze, and wire, and a belly pan, and no stands, all other groups I N A we suggest you change the coolant and start wiring but it is not required. There is nothing "lax" about our rules. We do have a different approach or views about how a track day is run, and the same with rules and tech requirements however do not get the wrong idea that we look the other way or it is a free for all. We have our own forum and FB page if anyone wants to get an open opinion about ACE and their days. Thanks for coming.

Loudy

Roy, Thanks for posting.

I avoid FB as much as possible and wasn't aware of your forum, so I bounced it off of this one. I am excited to ride with ACE. Since it is my first ride with your organization, I was looking for some pointers! I have heard good things but don't want to be that guy holding up tech or whatever else because I am used to the NESBA routine.