ACC Full Course Transponder

riddler

I bought a XT Lap Timer from Turn One at Blackhawk on June 7th and since have had no chance to use it. The 8th rained out... The 7th of July at the New Jersey Motorsports Park had no transponder (great track with one exception - if any midwest riders are interested) Then ACC on 7/14 had no transponder?

Except, my timer picked up 4 laps at some point? Was that somebody's remote control? Or was there a transponder out there?

I am curious about my new toy is all, and in regard to the 4 laps recorded does anyone have input to a decent lap time at ACC Full course?

danch

The IR based lap timers we use don't _technically_ have a transponder (transmitter/responder). There's the beacon at the side of the track, and the reciever on our bikes.

Often you'll get stray triggers on your reciever if sunlight reflects or refracts off things right - it just takes the right pulse of what seems to be a pretty broad band of IR frequencies.

gkotlin

I had my lap time go nuts and record laps while in my garage for a week. Turns out the cable got pulled and the connector at the circuit board was loose. It would connect, turn on, log some laps, disconnect and turn off. I have like 215 laps from one day at BHF. Reseat the connector and put a zip tie around the cable inside the unit before the grommet so it can't pull out. No problems since.

I think. Hey! Gixxerdan. Where the heck is my lap timer!

dean

When I had my XT, my garage door opener would activate it. The receiving signal is not protected or shielded so any remote signal given off in an environment can set it off. When you were on the north course, owners of the private garages along pit exit could have been working on something or the while going through the clubhouse transition, someone could have been working in the main building. As far as I know, there was not a transponder out there.

riddler

Sorry for the brain fade in the original post.

I meant to write " I bought an XT lap timer from TurnOne "

And as I suspected... It is common to get false triggers...

I guess that explains the slow pace it recorded... :D

Bucky Badger

gkotlin;1575 wrote: I have like 215 laps from one day at BHF. Reseat the connector and put a zip tie around the cable inside the unit before the grommet so it can't pull out. No problems since.
What kind of times were you runnin?

riddler

:dunno:

It recorded 2:52 best to 2:58 worst...
I have nothing to compare it to, and obviously it was a false reading... so I either look like a snail or a pro of which I am neither :D

dean

riddler;1636 wrote: :dunno:

It recorded 2:52 best to 2:58 worst...
I have nothing to compare it to, and obviously it was a false reading... so I either look like a snail or a pro of which I am neither :D
Well now I know I am really slow. My video in Post Autobahn 7-14 in another post is a 3 minute lap :banghead: :banghead:

bmoore2031

my aim mychon timer worked for the 5 & 6 sessions in I group . But not the last one. I had the pickup pointed out the clutch side.

I have an 04 GSXR 600 and run 1:19 at BHF and Putnam consistantly, I was doing 2:55's pretty consistant. I seemed to fall about mid pack at ACC. I know I could have gone a bit faster but I have a history with that track and it isn't good.

Hope that helps