Advanced Group Control Rider

JRA

Beginning with our event at VIR next month we are going to have one CR working in the Advanced group each day. All of us here within the organization believe that the instruction shouldn't stop on the day an Intermediate rider receives the bump to Advanced group. We also realize that this bump can be very intimidating to some, and it's almost always a real eye opener when a rider makes the jump to Advanced Group.

This is a pilot program that will evolve over time and we'll be counting on your feedback to help us improve. Our goals are to help smooth the transition for new Advanced group riders, and also to help the guys who feel they have plateaued in their riding and are struggling to take that next step forward. Of course we'll also be happy to help you get familiar if you are at a new track, or work with you on any other issues you might be having.

This isn't a new idea really because we always have said we're available to help Advanced group riders when they ask for it. What propelled us forward to a more official policy though was the suggestion of a member who pointed out to me that Advanced group riders are apprehensive about asking for help. They know our CR's work hard in the other two groups and Advanced group play time is their reward. They might not want to impose on our free time and as a result are hesitant to ask for help.

So here's the deal...don't worry about that. We will have one dedicated CR who will ride only in Advanced group. There will be no shirt worn and regular advanced group rules will apply. No wave by's are needed and you can pass back and forth at will.

We will introduce the Advanced group Control rider at the rider's meeting each morning and encourage A riders who would like help to seek him out in advance.

If you are struggling with a specific issue it's helpful to know that upfront. Have a plan with the CR about what you want to work on. Figure out which session you are going to ride together, where you will meet up, etc. Since our Advanced group CR won't be working in any other group there will be plenty of opportunity both before and after a session to talk. We want the feedback session to be more in depth than just a brief conversation at pit in.

We see a lot of value in this new program and our hope is that Advanced group riders will as well. Again, it will evolve over time so we want to know what you think.

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
Fantastic!!!!!!

I need all the help I can get...we all know that, though. :)

(Unfortunately I won't make this first event for this new concept...cannot miss my Little Guy's first B-Day party.)

ontheR6

Awesome idea, i can tell u from first hand experience working with Rob at summit in May!!! it was invaluable. i actually had an "ah ha" moment, brought back the childish smile and giggle!!!
Can't thank Rob enough for all the help he has provided me!!! he was very patient with me and his instructions were very clear and easy to understand, he found a way to make things click in my mind, as a result i had one of my best days at the track!!
Thanks again to NESBA for a a great new program, and to Rob for taking the time to help me!!!
:congrats:

Meat

I think this might help the riders that don't know CR's or faster Advanced riders. I've never had a problem getting help, when needed in Advanced group, but maybe everyone isn't a cute social butterfly like myself. :)

rob92

Control Rider
N2
ontheR6;189643 wrote: Awesome idea, i can tell u from first hand experience working with Rob at summit in May!!! it was invaluable. i actually had an "ah ha" moment, brought back the childish smile and giggle!!!
Can't thank Rob enough for all the help he has provided me!!! he was very patient with me and his instructions were very clear and easy to understand, he found a way to make things click in my mind, as a result i had one of my best days at the track!!
Thanks again to NESBA for a a great new program, and to Rob for taking the time to help me!!!
:congrats:
Thank you for the kind words, Gus (PayPal payment should arrive in your account soon ;) )

I was pleased to see how many riders came up and asked for help as well as the positive feedback received.

You did a great job, Gus!

ERB68

Kegger;189752 wrote: Other regions planning similar changes?
I'm sure any of the MW guys would be glad to help ya. Ron Hix was super about help guys when they ask.

Kegger

ERB68;189785 wrote: I'm sure any of the MW guys would be glad to help ya. Ron Hix was super about help guys when they ask.
Ed, I saw this smiley and thought of you!
goodnight1.gif

Hitman954

ERB68;189785 wrote: I'm sure any of the MW guys would be glad to help ya. Ron Hix was super about help guys when they ask.

After I got the bump to A I thought AWESOME!! Now what? I still have things to work on, I can tell cause I'm gettin passed like I'm standing still lol. At Road America Brian worked with me dragging me around the track making me pass him only to get passed right back on the brakes. This drill was ssssooooooo helpful and isn't something you could do in the I group. Having a CR for A is deffinetly a great idea. The learning never stops. And a big THANK YOU TO BRIAN
for helping me and kicking my ass around the track - Brent