Advice for Buying Wheels

ckw373

I am looking for a set of wheels for my 2006 GSXR 600. I have been struggling to find anything local or even from the NESBA board. I have a couple of leads on the WERA board, except they are in California and Florida. I would obviously be buying these wheels sight unseen.

Does anyone have any advice to follow to give me the best chance to get a good set? The guy in CA has only been a member on the WERA board for under a month but seems to have sold a lot of stuff. The other guy has been a member for a while, but doesn't post that much. If I do end up with a set that is bent, is there any way to repair the damage or am I out of luck?

Also, about how much should I be paying for a nice set? It seems like a nice set goes for about $450.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

-Chris

92illpony

i picked up a rear on ebay for mine with a second chance offer for 75 bucks. I just need to find a good front now.

ChasingChaos

I found a set on a bike specific forum. I'm sure there is a forum that caters to your bike post up a WTB thread and people will start sending you PM offers.

Lean.In.

Im in the same boat man... I also have an 06. They are kinda scarce, and the ones on ebay are freakin 4-500 bucks.

Mikey75702

Check the part number for each wheel on ronayers.com, then use their reverse look up feature and see what other years are the same.... then expand your search. I know all the gsxr wheels from srad up should fit, but you will need new spacers for some of them.

B. Myers

jinglecbr;175833 wrote: Yea ebay or craigslist, just bought a set of oe rims for my k5 600 for $250, with rotors
you the one that won the auction from the guy in NC that had the wheel set? Nice find if so....

Looking for the same myself...

trailmug

I've nabbed three sets of wheels from eBay in total. Had one rim that was bent that was advertised straight, and I just didn't check it out in time to complain to the seller. No need for fanciful measuring equipment, just stick a dowel rod in the bearing, set it on some jack stands, and spin it. If it's bent, you'll know.

some guy #2

For stock wheels you just have to look for a good deal. I found a set with rotors and the the cush drive for $325 shipped. That was a very rare deal but you may be able to buy them separately for cheap. Unless you want a full set for rains you could just buy a rear which is what generally wears out first.

Matt

Chris,

PM me... I'm in Milwaukee and Brian travels to Chicago several times a week. I'm sure we can dig up a good condition set for you.

Matt.

j_fuggin_t

Matt;175876 wrote: Chris,

PM me... I'm in Milwaukee and Brian travels to Chicago several times a week. I'm sure we can dig up a good condition set for you.

Matt.
good find me a set of kawi wheels for the 09 :D