air bag vest tech question

jcrich

In reading the description they indicate that it protects head and neck, but no mention of back protection. It would seem prudent to wear a back protector as well. IMHO. In reading further it does provide an option for the device that includes a back protector and chest protector. That should answer part of your question. A CR or Director I am sure will chime in with an official opinion on the tech issue.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Since the airbag vest is worn over the suit, I'd personally still wear a back protector inside the suit. I don't believe nesba has a back protector requirement, it's a recommendation. But I still wouldn't ride without one, even with the addition of the airbag vest.

Quickone4u

HondaGalToo;297909 wrote: Since the airbag vest is worn over the suit, I'd personally still wear a back protector inside the suit. I don't believe nesba has a back protector requirement, it's a recommendation. But I still wouldn't ride without one, even with the addition of the airbag vest.
I agree, not a chance I would hit the track without a back protector!

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
I've seen people wear them at the track before, they seem to have good protection for your back/chest, you’re just wearing it on the outside of your leathers. Ultimately the decision is yours to use back protectors, although it is your back/chest we’re talking about. The manual says "back protectors (strongly recommended)”, at a minimum I would encourage everyone to have some type of protection for your back.