Air Fence and N2 Saved My Life on Sunday (PittRace)

TBelf

Just a reminder to PLEASE donate to the Air Fence fund. It may very well save you life. A huge thank you to John and the N2 staff for planning and coordinating these safety measures. Your diligence saved my life as much as the fence did. Also, thank you for the fast response. The first face I saw after being pulled out was a very handsome N2 staff member. It goes to show how much the actually care.

If N2 needs volunteers for anything please let me know how I can reach out and pay it back.

Best,
The Guy That Launched A Bike Over the Barrier at Turn 16

MK3Brent

Treebeard
Glad you’re okay, friend.
I’m riding this weekend coming up at VIR for a fundraiser. Hope you’re back to riding on track with us soon.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Glad you're ok! I came around, saw the scrapes and body work, but no rider/bike. The Track Marshall said both went over the wall. I feared the worst and was so relieved that you popped out of the airfence relatively unscathed. It's why we have those annual fundraisers!

jonobrin

Glad you're ok! I came around, saw the scrapes and body work, but no rider/bike. The Track Marshall said both went over the wall. I feared the worst and was so relieved that you popped out of the airfence relatively unscathed. It's why we have those annual fundraisers!
That's the same thing I heard as well! I was heading back to his wife with the bad news when, thankfully, I heard he was wedged under the air fence. Apparently, it's pretty hard to get out from underneath without help.

jonobrin

For those curious, this seems to be the correct page for donating to the Roadracing World Action Fund.

Contributions are deductible under section 501(c)(3). I believe you can specify the donation is specifically for "road race" versus "dirt track".

DZ_714

Control Rider
I
Just a reminder to PLEASE donate to the Air Fence fund. It may very well save you life. A huge thank you to John and the N2 staff for planning and coordinating these safety measures. Your diligence saved my life as much as the fence did. Also, thank you for the fast response. The first face I saw after being pulled out was a very handsome N2 staff member. It goes to show how much the actually care.

If N2 needs volunteers for anything please let me know how I can reach out and pay it back.

Best,
The Guy That Launched A Bike Over the Barrier at Turn 16
I was coming up on you when you crashed. I saw a huge cloud of debris and your bike flipping through the air and over the barrier. It was wild. But I couldn't see you anywhere. Went straight back to the pits and thought I might have seen someone's last moments. I was very very happy to hear you made it through this one. I agree, no doubt the air fence saved your life.

meanstrk

Control Rider
I wish there was some air fence when I wrecked. My injuries will affect me for life. I am soooo happy that you came out unscathed!

MK3Brent

Treebeard
I wish there was some air fence when I wrecked. My injuries will affect me for life. I am soooo happy that you came out unscathed!
Was thinking about you this weekend at CMP.
We were saying the same thing about how it's needed down there.
Hope you get to feeling better and I'm glad to see you posting, Ron.

meanstrk

Control Rider
Was thinking about you this weekend at CMP.
We were saying the same thing about how it's needed down there.
Hope you get to feeling better and I'm glad to see you posting, Ron.
I have a long road of recovery ahead of me and will likely be dealing with this one the rest of my life, but I still plan to get back out there to coach again at some point. “When” is the question. I have an impressive amount of hardware holding me together now.