Airing of AMA races...a week later?

LMsports

I'm sure he realizes this, and the pricetag didn't match the pocketbook. I'm very disappointed in how things are moving. I hope the actual product turns out to be better than what I'm perceiving...

riddler

Devils Advocate: For better coverage, I can put my head in the sand and wait for the show. I wish they would improve coverage on MotoGP and SBK, considering they are already air delayed. The broadcast starts and they barely have time to flash the track map and the lights go green...

Where do I apply for the role of 'to-be-named' analyst? I don't think I know more than them, but sometimes the analysis seems like the guy isn't a fan, and isn't watching the same race... If not me, than the guy that does MotoGP and SBK would be good...

NoBull

I was very disappointed to read about the 1-2 week delay as well. There is no way I cannot know about the results for that long which means a great deal of the excitement of whatching the race will be gone.

I'm sure Rob is right that he just couldn't afford live or (near) same day coverage and he's trying to put a positive spin on it.

Cole

That took a lot of fun out of my sundays... big bummer. They could always jack everything up and race twice on Saturday, then air/discussatlengthwithnorhymeorreasonaboutnothinginparticular the events same day... or wait 1 to 2 weeks to think of snappy comments... big bummer

phoenix

it all sounds like a bunch of crap to me. The article mentions something to suggest that they will have extended coverage. I take it that they are trying to model it after the AMA supercross coverage. But that coverage sucks - they often just show 60 seconds of highlights from one or more heats so that they can show the worthless end of heat interviews with the girl trackside reporter or go into a long segment about one of the racers. The interviews are mostly just airtime for the guys to plug their sponsors. Getting to be too much like annoying NASCAR coverage. Just show the damn racing, let Dave Despain talk to the racers later.

ronhix

phoenix;37732 wrote: ...The interviews are mostly just airtime for the guys to plug their sponsors. ...
As one of the guys currently negotiating sponsor agreements, these interviews are a key yo us being able to go racing at all. Remember, without sponsor dollars backing the racers and/or race team nobody goes racing.

Rick Johnson

I also read that DMG has cut the total purse this year over 1 million less than
what they said it was going to be this year.I hope things turn out better than
they are looking.Good job Roger!:banghead:

Sklossmonster

I didn't think AMA coverage could get any worse, but it just goes to show you things can always get worse.

I understand sponsors need exposure, but why is it that WSBK and MotoGP networks and riders aren't compelled to shamelessly plug their sponsors like some dirty used car salesman?

"Many thanks to Yamaha, to all of my team and sponsors, ... " and then a real pro will say something viewers actually want to listen to, instead of Jake Zemke laundry listing every flippin' patch on his leathers while holding a sponsor beverage like a beer bimbo on cheap television.

I'm beginning to think it'll never happen, I just wish AMA coverage, riders, and sponsors would have just a little more class.

Oh well, looks like it's time to renew my subscription to MotoGP, ... and possilby just cancel my cable altogether.

Does anyone have a good line on WSBK and WSS live feeds by subscription?

jimgl3

subscription? last year WSBK live was FREE online ... FREE !!!

i also caught several of the supersport, superstock 600 and superstock 1000 and gsxr cup races live

Sklossmonster

Thanks for the link, Ron. Did you need an "Invitation Code" to create an account? It won't let me get set up without one.

Either way, thanks again, one step closer to making Comcast walk the plank!