Alien spawn mutant squirrels in the attic...

Ok..wife calls me at work..she hears scratching in the walls she says...i said maybe it's just the wind and branch's are rustling and scraping the siding...she says..uh yeah..we don't have any trees close to our house...she is right of course. Haha
So i do the humane thing and buy a havahart trap because i don't want to arbitrarily kill them..i just don't want to co-habitate with them. Baited it with peanut butter and peanuts. That was last night..updates will be incoming.
I will continue with non lethal weaponry until this weekend..if they are still using my attic as a F.O.B. i will have to unleash the chemical assault package. I know of people who have had considerable problems with squirrels and i just want to remedy this asap.
Since its winter and forum activity is low..perhaps if any of you have had this situation how did you prevail ?

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
I find shooting the little tree rats with my son's BB gun to be a tremendously fun past time. A solid hit where I hear the little rat scream and run like hell always brings me to a point of pleasure I cannot write about on this forum for fear that it will take it past a PG-13 rating.

Last summer I nailed one in a tree directly above me and watched it drop to the ground. I haven't felt so much satisfaction since the day I got my A-bump.

Every time I see one laying as road kill I pump my fist and say, "Yes! Take that you little bastard!" Amy usually scolds me, but it's OK. If she hits me, it's just foreplay.

You'll note you have two entry points to your house these little bastards have created for themselves. You'll have to close them with plastic or metal otherwise
they will just burrow back through.

Update: attic exploration has revealed 2 things...
1) we indeed have critter's up there because we found a nest
2) we need a new roof
So i imagine they will bail when roofers come and end their reign of terror in my attic

D-Zum

I just went out in my yard and hit 3 of them with BB's...you should watch those little suckers run after they feel the sting of .177 hit them at a couple hundred feet/second. That's the most fun you can have without tire warmers!

Jack, you may be right...might be time up upgrade to pellets.

tdelegram

Control Rider
I just went out in my yard and hit 3 of them with BB's...you should watch those little suckers run after they feel the sting of .177 hit them at a couple hundred feet/second. That's the most fun you can have without tire warmers!

Jack, you may be right...might be time up upgrade to pellets.

For those that don't know, Darrin uses tire warmers in the bedroom. He won't buy an electric blanket when he already has 2.

meanstrk

Control Rider
I am a HUGE fan of my pellet air rifles for this use. Between that and my Husky, we no longer have a tree rat problem.

D-Zum

I just nailed another one in one of my trees this evening..he was about 12 feet up sitting on a knot thinking he was all kinds of safe. NOT!
About 7 pumps in the BB gun got a good velocity going and I NAILED HIM either in the middle of the chest or dead center in the throat.
(He was bleeding). Little sucker fell out of the tree.

I cannot BEGIN to express the joy I take in my kill shot.

Why didn't I try to go to Sniper School when I was in the military?

D-Zum

Alex and I on the hunt standing over our kill!

squirrel.jpg