all you toy haulers out there

Eddie

Going to pick up my new to me toy hauler on Thursday. I'm super stoked! Traded in my travel trailer.
Loading the bike in the back of an F350 is always a little sketchy at best. Especially when you can't find a ditch to park the rear wheels in. Extra tough at the end of a track day as well. The other downside I found to the travel trailer is having to unhitch to unload the bike, and re-hitch at the end of the day.
For any of you that have the Pit Bull TRS, how did you get under the floor to secure the mounting plate? Did you have to pull back the plastic under there to get to it? I worry about getting that put back together correctly. I really like the idea of this Pit Bull TRS, just looking for any hints/tips. Any other toy hauler hacks and tricks, would love to hear those too.
thanks!

raineman021

Eric Raine
I will upgrade to the toy hauler one day, but I am not quite there yet, haha! That is awesome though, Eddie - congrats on the upgrade.

Since I cannot speak to the toy hauling tips I figured I would mention that I recently installed the PitBull TRS (amazing engineering) for the first time on my trailer for this past Pitt Race weekend -- They say the bolts underneath only need to be torqued to around 8-10 ft-lbs. Seemed crazy to me at first, but makes sense for its application. A grunt and a half on the wrench will do (once you're under there getting them on). Not sure if anyone else has heard the same?

CBRtist

I have a Fun Mover. Can't help you with the Pit Bull question because they had already been installed by a previous owner. I'm pretty familiar with my toy hauler at this point, and just learned more about the generator (Thanks OttoMan) at Pitt, so ask away. The only thing I don't like about it is once you get to a destination, you are stuck there and can't unhook and have alternate transportation if you'd like to or need to go somewhere. Also, I'm lucky because the previous owner also installed an additional tank to the small one that existed, so me and one or two people, could take quick showers if need be. If you get an op to install an extra tank, I would.

tdelegram

Control Rider
On my toy hauler there is a soft fiberglass matt covering the entire bottom of the toy hauler. I cut a slit large enough to get my hand in and then looked around to make sure i wasn't drilling into anything other than floor. I used gorilla tape to cover the holes i cut and have not had any issues.

andykurz

^ I did the same. Try to figure out where the beams in the floor is to make sure you can get nuts / bolts / washers installed and tightened before you start drilling holes

Dave561

Control Rider
Director
No need to hit framing. I used the supplied bolts and washers for 6 of 8 bolts, but one side I couldn't and used 3/8 lag bolts. Over 10k miles towing and no issues. Would probably pull out in a tip over but at that point, it would be the least of my worries

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
On my toy hauler there is a soft fiberglass matt covering the entire bottom of the toy hauler. I cut a slit large enough to get my hand in and then looked around to make sure i wasn't drilling into anything other than floor. I used gorilla tape to cover the holes i cut and have not had any issues.

This!

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
I have a Fun Mover. Can't help you with the Pit Bull question because they had already been installed by a previous owner. I'm pretty familiar with my toy hauler at this point, and just learned more about the generator (Thanks OttoMan) at Pitt, so ask away. The only thing I don't like about it is once you get to a destination, you are stuck there and can't unhook and have alternate transportation if you'd like to or need to go somewhere. Also, I'm lucky because the previous owner also installed an additional tank to the small one that existed, so me and one or two people, could take quick showers if need be. If you get an op to install an extra tank, I would.

Just like Glade, plug it in, plug it in!

Tross12

I used the same method. Gorilla tape is awesome!

Motofun352

Control Rider
As others have said, do not over torque the bolts. Doing so can collapse the collared washers that the cam-lock devices slide into making it difficult to remove the cam-locks.....been there, done that.

whitarnold

Finally did it:
nydav9.jpg