Allowed in paddock?

JBZ1k

So I'm trying to keep the wife happy by giving her something to ride around on at the track so she doesn't get bored and so she can move around to take pictures, watch from different angles, etc...

I was thinking a golf cart with a utility bed so the dog can ride but I don't want to drop the coin on something I would only use at the track. I'm thinking a side by side would be a better fit and my father in-law has a Teryx he wants to sell cheap so my question is would a side by side be allowed in the paddock if used reasonably?

jcrich

I have seen side-by-sides in the paddock before and also a monster golf cart. At Barber I believe that it may have to be licensed if you leave the paddock to go out on the access roads. I believe the tracks have control over that and not NESBA.

Hambone

Or get her a bicycle. Can get one cheap and they offer good transportation at the track and its very good for the heart. I think golf carts and atvs are a bit over the top. However I've seen them out there.

JBZ1k

It wouldn't be just for the paddock lol.
I can't argue that a bicycle isn't a good idea but she would probably end up sitting near the trailer and reading like she has in the past. I'm trying to get her involved so she doesn't think of it as just my hobby.

kubricky

Control Rider
Director
While you are at the track (just consider this any track) assume that a pit vehicle does not need to be licensed as long as it remains with the paddock boundary for that course. If you try to drive from one course to another even on the same property, technically a vehicle must be licensed. If you are planning to get this for your wife and she will stay within the paddock, no worries.

EddieRo

JBZ1k;265079 wrote: It wouldn't be just for the paddock lol.
I can't argue that a bicycle isn't a good idea but she would probably end up sitting near the trailer and reading like she has in the past. I'm trying to get her involved so she doesn't think of it as just my hobby.
This is a tough issue. Trying to go to as many days as possible and balance time with the Mrs. Maybe this is a new thread but was even looking at a toy hauler so I can set her up with intenet, tv, etc. It is hard to involve a wife that doesn't herself ride into a weekend at the track....