Alpinestars boots re-soled

slowpoke

Sent my boots off to A* since the soles were very worn from my Vortex pegs.

Took about 2 1/2 weeks from door-to-door and they did a great job. Boots are like new and the cost was $70 which included return shipping.

If anyone needs them done, first call to get a repair number prior to shipping them in.

here's their number: (310) 891-0222

Was impressed w/ their customer service as well as the boot itself (Supertech Rs) which have held up very well (crash tested).

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Good info, thanks! Great to hear they can be resoled. Mine are a couple of years old and fine so far...but I have Woodcraft pegs. :p

alocker

I just had mine redone for the same reason. Bret handled it great and I swear the soles glued on better than when they where new. I highly recommend this service.

T

THE MUFFIN MAN

do they re-do uppers as well? my white smx plus boots look like crap compared to new. wonder if they have a refinishing process for the upper?

greeny

love my supertech Rs. they've been through hell and they're so comfortable. i call 'em my track slippers. thanks for the info!

brveagle

I just had mine repaired the end of this season. Vortex pegs has ground holes in the soles of both boots. All the way through. They did an AMAZING job fixing the soles. I'll only be buying alpinestars boots from now on out.

Bearsfirehawk

Ditto Ditto and Ditto. Just got my SMX + boots done and they do look better than new. A* also restiched my wrecked GP Pros for free, replaced my 3 year old too small XXL SPS gloves for free with new ones and sent me some zipper pull tabs for my TStunt jacket for free. Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Yeah, I WILL ONLY ROCK A* GEAR FOREVER IF THEY MAKE IT in a fat mans size. Best customer service ever.

Meat

They must have really turned their customer service around. I wrote A* off my list after dealing with them 2 years ago. Maybe....just MAYBE I will consider them in the future after seeing this thread.

T

THE MUFFIN MAN

Bearsfirehawk;168047 wrote: Ditto Ditto and Ditto. Just got my SMX + boots done and they do look better than new. A* also restiched my wrecked GP Pros for free, replaced my 3 year old too small XXL SPS gloves for free with new ones and sent me some zipper pull tabs for my TStunt jacket for free. Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Yeah, I WILL ONLY ROCK A* GEAR FOREVER IF THEY MAKE IT in a fat mans size. Best customer service ever.
so did they do any work refreshing the upper? or just the soles?