Am I SOL

bahs

Road to work and when I got off the bike oil was all over the rear tire. Took bike home to find out if it was oil pan screw, etc. It was not. Come to find out it MIGHT be the ORings on water pump. The issue is the parts won't be here till probably Friday. That is cutting it too close. The timing of this issue is so not good for me. I have a track day at CMP Sunday. If the part is not here or that is not the issue, do I just lose credit for that trackday? This sucks.

beac83

Sorry to hear. I hope the parts arrive in time and you get it together to ride Sunday.
If you want to make sure you don't lose full value, you can post up to sell your trackday.

While these last minute sales are usually at a small loss, it's insurance that you won't lose all your money. If you get the bike back running and make it out, you can sign up when you get it ready, but there will need to still be slots available, and you'll pay the late registration surcharge.

So if you are pretty sure you'll have it ready to go for Sunday, sit tight. If you think you won't, then sell, but buy again if you have it done at some $ penalty.

Good luck getting it back together for Sunday.

rk97

i was in Mexico too long... I saw "SOL" and was thinking "the mexican beer?"

as others have said - you should be able to sell your spot. anyone trying to register now is going to get hit with the $20 fee for registering past the 'discount' period.

i would give you full price, if i could make it.

kris223

Why can't you buy the Orings locally? Plenty of shops that carry them. You could get lucky. You can get an Oring Splicing kit and make your own.

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/items/5A234

5A234.JPG

Look around for a cheaper one prob :)

If you can't find the splicing kit locally, I would ask around at shops until you find someone that will splice one to order.

If its one of those preformed o'rings for a cover, a round one will usually work just as well. Cut it and splice it to fit if needed. I recently did that to my water pump cover and it worked just fine. Fit right into the groove.

Look around hydraulic hose shops in the industrial park. You could score some O'rings there if ya got a weird one.

No show stoppers! Get to work :)

D.Brown

bahs;60750 wrote: Road to work and when I got off the bike oil was all over the rear tire. Took bike home to find out if it was oil pan screw, etc. It was not. Come to find out it MIGHT be the ORings on water pump. The issue is the parts won't be here till probably Friday. That is cutting it too close. The timing of this issue is so not good for me. I have a track day at CMP Sunday. If the part is not here or that is not the issue, do I just lose credit for that trackday? This sucks.
bahhahaha