AMA Spec Tires

Perlzuki

Blinky, The 209's are really good tires. They give you a consistant feel & last longer than most. The 211's have much more grip & make fast riders feel like superman while they are still fresh. Most people find about 3 seconds a lap faster than the 209's. Then there are the new 209's. They will be good as well, but I have not used them ! Slicks really are not needed unless you are in the fastest 50% of A class, but really are quite fun to run! What type of suspention do you have ? A well set up bike can make your tires last longer as your forks & shock do their job & you won't have to use your tires as hard. Ideal situation is when all parts of you bikes handling work together. Everyone has their preferance, but at the end of the day, a well set up bike with fairly fresh tires will allow you to ride safely & close to you & the bikes potential! Nothing better than loading her up after the last session, tired, sore, happy & no scrathes to you or your bike!

Mark
SE CR #249
06 GSXR 1000
07 BMW K1200 GT

Blinky

Unfortunately I have OEM suspension and tweaked with the compression a little but I could always use an adjustment. I am still hoping that NESBA would do suspension setup seminar at the track for the people like me who are in the short bus concerning suspension. I tried reading the forum but I’m one of those people that would like to see it hands on.

Also when I downshift, I can get my rear tire to do the hokie pokie dance before I turn. Any recommendations in calming this down a bit besides to go slower.

Can I just camp next to you guys lol?

How much faster did the 211's wear out than the 209s? I really don't care how long a tire last, I just didn't want to go out with a slick and look like a freaking goober.

Ruhe52

2008 ZX10 has a slipper clutch right? Is it at least sprung for your weight?
If you want a tire you cannot out ride then the NTech Slicks are it. Keep in mind every tire with ham fisted operator or even a suspension that is not in range will not keep you up right. A liter bike will spin and launch you with too much throttle don't care if it and the track are velcro.

211s are great and if the suspension is set up proper then they last plenty for track riding.
I have seen some of the stuff Derek Leslie calls slightly used and would never consider it on my bike. It would just mess with my head but he can go out on something just before the cords are showing and make most look like the have a reverse gear on their bike.

Keep in mind riding safe and fast is a combination of a number of things. Properly set up bike. A rider with good judgement. Smooth side to side transitions. Good throttle control. Smooth braking. etc. Tires are just part of the package. 209s on up with above mentioned items will carry you to the upper half of A group and beyond.

That said I understand about wanting to have extra margin. Just don't think that extra margin is margin for error.

Perlzuki

Blinky, Mike ( cyclerant ) is right 211 slicks are the sh%*t, but many other things in the package will get you to be able to feel within your comfort level. Your comment about the rear end dancing when downshifting sounds like you may be using your rear brake??? Do you use the CR's? What feedback have you gotten from the CR's that you been riding with. Might just be a body position thing??? Use the CR's as much as possible. In my opinion they are what make this club great, as most are more than willing to help out the members as much as possible. About the pit next to me thing. Heck yeah, just look for the old guy CR. I'm sure we can get you riding to your potential. Sometimes its the small things that make a big differance! .PM me if you have any specific qustions.

Mark
SE CR #249
06 GSXR 1000
07 BMW K1200 GT

Perlzuki

Blinky, PM back at ya.
Cyclerant. Don't be scaring off my new riding buddy / VICTIM! Do I have to post up pictures from your 2nd CR tryout weekend with sheep involved! That would be very baaaaaaaad.

Mark
SE CR #249
06 GSXR 1000
07 BMW K1200 GT

Ruhe52

Mark leave Flossy out of it she never did nuthin' to ya.

Blinky we kid. Look forward to seeing you out at the track.

D. Leslie

Yes,,

NESBA was just informed, and I will be selling a NEW D211GP-A for 2010 out of the vendor trailer.
I will also have the great 209GP-A's for a lower cost to help those needing a good proven tire with low cost in mind.
I don't have the D211GP-A confirmed Price yet,, so hold on I am working on getting the price in writing from Dunlop.
I hope to be able to offer you guys interested in a bulk buy before the season starts a good deal.

I will inform as soon as I can.