Another sad day on GP racing -

Trent1098S

Holy crap I came on here looking for news and found what I didn't want to find. Earlier when I noticed SpeedTV was showing Indy GP this morning instead of Moto2, I went online to watch the race... and really wish I hadn't. It's the worst crash I've ever seen, bar none; he was struck by two bikes at speed after losing the rear exiting a corner, once in the head, once in the midsection. Both of the other riders went down after their bikes flipped from the impact. Just take my word for it.. and don't search.

Anyway SpeedTV pulled the Moto2 broadcast today. Still shows Moto2 on the SpeedTV website schedule, but now the listing on TV shows they'll be playing last weeks MotoGP Indy race instead.

This is a bad week for racing, first Peter, and now Tomizawa, who was only 19 years old.

RIP.

Trent1098S

OMFG they changed their minds again, and they're gonna show Moto2 Misano. It just started on SpeedTV. Listing still says last week's Indy GP.

Slowzuki

loudles;149843 wrote: Race is on as we speak. The crash was terrible and I wish I hadn't seen it.
I have to agree... and I don't recomend anybody to watch it....at all!!

Trent1098S

OMFG I can't believed they showed the crash on the airing. I couldn't turn away. I feel like I'm going to puke. Hope Scott Redding is OK, I haven't seen any news on him but when his bike flipped he went down very hard also.

I think I'm done watching racing for the day.

Mikey75702

That crash definitely was horrible. I hope the other two riders are ok. Both of them went down pretty hard as well.

BigBird

RIP Shoya!

and please don't turn this into a should they show it or not. If you don't want to watch it, then don't. You are an adult, make your own decision.

Trent1098S

I agree ^^^^ It's hard to watch, but it should be an individual choice. I like the way Speed TV had a tribute to him at the end of the race broadcast. It was touching, and very appropriate.

loudles

I'm not saying they shouldn't have aired it - it was just tough to watch. The tribute was nice too.
Just another reminder that life is precious . . .

lemondrop

Professional Asphalt Surfer
that was the most f'ed crash i have ever seen....watchng the race on motogp, they initially say that shoya has no life threatening injuries...........

Godspeed shoya

Slowzuki

Back in 1994 F1 champ Ayrton Senna died on track, in italy. For the F1 world was the most tragic day ever... losing its reference driver, and by far the most gifted. For us brazilians was even worst... he was a true national hero, and guys let me tell you all... brazilians have very few heroes. The day before, another driver ( Roland Ratzenberger) died in a very similar accident. That weekend is regarded the worst in F1 history!

I remember well that Alain Prost, Senna's biggest rival and kind of personal enemy said in a interview to the italian press: " I've been racing for so many years... and I loved F1 with such passion, that it never occured to me the bitter truth... I'm devasted, Ayrton is dead and racing seems to be the most pointless way to die... I feel the racer in me is dead too".

Gresini team owner Fausto Gresini said something similar today.

I have to agree.

Racing does feel pointless right now...

RIP Peter, RIP Shoya

And pointless or not, how can we resist it? We all will be racing, crashing, laughing for the years to come. And I pray to the Almighty to protect us... from everything, even from ourselves.