Anti Body Position

ckw373

Hey Everybody -

A while ago, I saw a picture of a guy riding a bike on the street, turning right, and he was sitting on the left side of the seat, with his LEFT knee out, basically doing exactly the opposite of what you were supposed to do. It resulted in this hilarious picture where his body was pretty much straight up and down and the bike was being pushed into more lean angle with his weight. I am looking for this picture and can't find it. I have searched for counter body position, anti body position, reverse body position, etc. and haven't come up with anything. I think somebody on here photoshopped his left knee way out to touch the ground while turning right.

I am pretty sure this was followed up with a thread and video of a guy explaining the "benefits" of counter body position or whatever the heck they were calling it. It was pretty funny. The dude actually crashed when demonstrating the "benefits" of their ignorance.

Does anybody know where this stuff was?

Thanks in advance.

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
Sounds like most of the people I see riding on the Baltimore Beltway.

LesPow

Control Rider
Cardenas does it going into turn two @ RAtl. And I do it sometimes negotiating the left kink (11b) before the right turn(12) under the bridge @ Thunderbolt, by keeping butt to right and upper body to left, so I'm already set for the fast right 12. I would also have to get into turn 11a, from the far left side of track, coming out 10. But certainly not recommended for extreme lean angles (at speed). Also good for tight fig.8 maneuvers.

http://www.njmp.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Thunderbolt-Turn-Station-Numbers-clean.pdf

. Check this vid. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWaq0zOaAVU

Ghost Cracker

I remember seeing a photo of someone doing this at Deals Gap, aka the Tail of the Dragon. The photo was posted on killboy.com weekly highlights and there was some discussion of it. As far as when though, I cant tell you. Possibly years, which could make for a very long search through those highlights.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Rasta;248667 wrote: Cardenas does it going into turn two @ RAtl. And I do it sometimes negotiating the left kink (11b) before the right turn(12) under the bridge @ Thunderbolt, by keeping butt to right and upper body to left, so I'm already set for the fast right 12. I would also have to get into turn 11a, from the far left side of track, coming out 10. But certainly not recommended for extreme lean angles (at speed). Also good for tight fig.8 maneuvers.

http://www.njmp.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Thunderbolt-Turn-Station-Numbers-clean.pdf

. Check this vid. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWaq0zOaAVU
I was doing that at T-bolt through the esses, too, just keeping my body off to the right side. (was shown that at the Schwantz School through the esses at Road Atlanta). Then, at YCRS, they recommended shifting side to side through thunderbolt's esses. I've tried both ways and moving, especially my head, through that section, works better. When keeping my body off to the side, I was using heavy countersteering to get through there, and it seemed to get the front really light.

I don't think one way is more correct than the other...just different techniques. Just thought I'd throw it out there.

LesPow

Control Rider
HondaGalToo;248669 wrote: I was doing that at T-bolt through the esses, too, just keeping my body off to the right side. (was shown that at the Schwantz School through the esses at Road Atlanta). Then, at YCRS, they recommended shifting side to side through thunderbolt's esses. I've tried both ways and moving, especially my head, through that section, works better. When keeping my body off to the side, I was using heavy countersteering to get through there, and it seemed to get the front really light.

I don't think one way is more correct than the other...just different techniques. Just thought I'd throw it out there.

Good info. always trying and modifying diff. techniques. I was speaking with Mark Miller this weekend about using your arms in conjunction with your feet to steer the bike through the esses and weighting the footpegs. He also moves his body over to the left in 11b.
But counter body applications should most def. be reserved for slow speed maneuverability or slight quick switch turns as mentioned in 11b. just also not recommended.

dlockhart5x

Some fast lwt guys like former CR Gil Cutchens showed me this as a way to attack the chicane at Barber. Hanging off to the right. Tip it left for the entry and then back to your knee on the right. On a lwt the throttle is WFO all the way through there.