Any interest in an SED day?

rk97

I'd be interested - but I admit the cost can be a little hard to swallow, even with all the track time you get out of it.

On a social level, I think it's a great thing to spend a whole day riding/pitting with people of similar ability. Being friends off the track definitely adds to courtesy on the track, and that's something I appreciate a LOT.

I'm sure it's also more rewarding for the CR's to be able to work with fewer people at a time, and really get to see riders progress throughout the day, rather than trying to remember who is on which bike, and what they talked about last session :p

Putnam would be an ideal location for an SED (for me). I try to visit friends in the area when I visit, so a one-day event makes that much easier.

Trent1098S

Fred,

What would happen if I signed up and paid for a SED but got bumped out of I group before the date? Could I still go?

What about the guys that sign up for B, but get bumped to I between now and then? Do they get a spot no matter what, or risk getting knocked out of the event if I group slots fill up between now and the time they get bumped?

I'm signed up for 12 NESBA days & doing 4 race weekends between now and August... might still be in I group, might not. I'd still like to do the SED day to go through the class & drills, I missed it last year.

Just curious.

Andrei

sed costs more $$ per minute of track time. In this economy I would not risk it, if effectively you 'r doing exactly the opposite of what stt does .

Andrei

Matt;104510 wrote: I really enjoyed the last SED and I would to see another.
And what were you doing there exactly ? :) SED days were for B and I only ... :D

Edit: oops, sorry. I forgot about your camera .

dmb367

Andrei;104534 wrote: sed costs more $$ per minute of track time. In this economy I would not risk it, if effectively you 'r doing exactly the opposite of what stt does .
That's not true, its open track in the afternoon. I rode for 4 hours straight last year at a Putnam SED

Andrei

dmb367;104537 wrote: That's not true, its open track in the afternoon. I rode for 4 hours straight last year at a Putnam SED
:adore: .... there is no way in hell I could ride that much .

geckert

dmb367;104537 wrote: That's not true, its open track in the afternoon. I rode for 4 hours straight last year at a Putnam SED
I did over 200 miles at the Beave on my last SED. I just couldnt stop!!

zangman

I'll drive from SC to do an SED if it is on a Monday or Tuesday just about anywhere in the country. Laguna anyone?

749scott

beac83;104562 wrote: No, because we go to SED days to get as fast as you :a: guys and gals.:adore:
No worries about Jaren being fast, he probably has his winter weight on right now and is slooooooooooooooooow!!! :flipoff:

749scott;104645 wrote: No worries about Jaren being fast, he probably has his winter weight on right now and is slooooooooooooooooow!!! :flipoff:

You'd better look out scotty ducati! I'm at my fighting weight.