Anybody in here a fan of NCAA Lacrosse?

tiggen

Just thought it was interesting that the semifinals are going to be broadcast live on ESPN2 and the final will be broadcast live on ESPN. I would say that lacrosse has definitely hit a high point in terms of viewership and marketability. Sure hope it continues to grow.

mfriedl

games

My 9 year old plays and I helped Assistant Coach this year. Our Coach, Bill Wyker played for UVA back in the day and still plays competitively. The sport is awesome as it combines hockey, football and soccer all in one.

I'm looking forward to next year.

Wingspan

The NCAA Final Four has been broadcast on ESPN2 for the last 10 years...the finals got upgraded to ESPN proper a couple years back as the sport has grown in popularity. Through college, it was my annual pilgrimage to make the trip out east to watch the tourney ($40 for 5 games...not bad!).

This year has been awesome...most of the semi's and quarters have been on ESPN2, even in Iowa.

tiggen

Yeah, I knew that it had made it up to ESPN2, but I guess I either forgot or didn't realize that the final was on ESPN.

I can't wait for this weekend!! Anybody see the quarters or first round? Numbers 2,3, and 4 seeds got bounced. Now only if Duke had been bounced it would have been perfect!!

tiggen

Well, so much for this year. Virginia had a great team. But Quinzani, Crotty, and Duke were just too much. Credit where credit is due.

Now come on Notre Dame!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jeff

tiggen;130485 wrote: Well, so much for this year. Virginia had a great team. But Quinzani, Crotty, and Duke were just too much. Credit where credit is due.

Now come on Notre Dame!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I take it you're a hoo fan? That game sucked. I kept mumbling "it had to be fucking Duke"

tiggen

Indeed I am a Virginia fan. That game was so typical of recent UVA-Duke meetings. My order of cheering is UVA first, not Duke second, so it doubly sucked.