Anyone have video of my crash?

madriders86

Lost the front in T9 (i think...whatever the fast left hand kink is). If anyone has video or anything id love to see it :popcorn:

Was there even a photog out today?

meanstrk

Control Rider
No photographers and I know Cliff was right behind you and NOT running video.

I did get front and rear video of Doo Doo Brown's crash just before Oak Tree...

Japcrap

There was a lady out saying we could look at pictures she was taking. Jackiesscrapbook.com is her website. I was wondering if that was you Austin that crashed. Then we saw the Ducati on the trailer with you. I bet he was :banghead:. At least your ok. I almost had a get off through the kink yesterday too. Those BT016s I'm running are coming off ASAP. The rear can't take the abuse once it was hot.

madriders86

I'll bet they can matt. If they're overheating try adding a PSI or two...if they still don't stick and your suspension isn't goofy then it's time for new tires.

Don't take my word for it though :doh: lol

Thanks for the tip, and it was nice meeting you.

Ron, cliff told me that he was a little ways back. I don't think he meant literally right behind me, just that he got there right after it happened. He said there was a rider between me and him and I'm hoping that guy/gal will post up.

shell015

While I don't have video of your crash, I can sympathize since I did the same yesterday afternoon going into T-1 in the A group. I'll piggie back on your thread and ask the same if any one has video of it. I thought I had video from my on board GoPro but the freakin' battery died before the crash. Here's my take on what happened:

Thankfully, it was my own doing and didn't involve any other riders. I don't know exactly what happened but I was braking hard and down shifting to slow down for T1. I think I hit 1st gear by mistake and somehow grabbed too much front brake causing the front to lock up and bucking me up and over the windscreen. It was almost like someone taking a metal pipe and jamming it through the front wheel. I ejected and the bike and I went for a nice tumble. I was told the bike cart wheeled 2-5 times. It didn't hit me. I think the first thing that hit the ground was my helmet. I got my bell rung pretty hard, but never blacked out. I jumped up and saw the bike trashed and on fire. Yeah, the gas tank got punctured and hit the exhaust or something and flames were coming out the belly pan as it laid on the ground. I got up and ran away from the bike. Red flag and CWs ran with extinguishers. Ambulance picked me up and checked me out in the pits but said I didn't seem to need a ride into town. I banged my knee pretty hard in the tarmac and the muscle next to the right knee cap is is swollen and very tender with some rash from the suit lining (no hole in suit). Right elbow has a minor rash. Right collar bone area muscle is very sore and tender. Left thumb is sore (hyper extended maybe?). Generally I'm in really good shape considering the crash and damage to the 675. It's a complete total. Not even worth fixing. The frame is broken on both sides of the steering head column. I'm going to part it out and hopefully do better than what the insurance company would do considering it's a 2006 model and probably wouldn't get more than $2000 from insurance.

A buddy saw the whole thing a bike length or two behind me and he said the crash has burned permanent images in his brain. He told me everything looked fine, and before I even turned in to 1, he said the bike's rear end just came up and tossed me up and over the front of the bike with it following behind. If anyone else saw it, chime in!

tireatr

Glad you are okay Bill. We were in the tower, but didn't see the accident, just the aftermath. You did look pretty good considering what happened. I was elated to see you sitting in that chair. Rest up and get back out there.

Ken

Gorecki

madriders86;208508 wrote: sounds like you dun goofed :wow: holy smokes man glad you're ok!
Ditto that! Glad you're okay...

And....MAD, glad YOU'RE OKAY. What the hell, you bin it again?!? :doh:

Gonna have to hook you up with lemondrop. ;)

Gorecki

madriders86;208664 wrote: Twice in 3 weeks.

Don't know if you have a family or what have you so just in case I'll come from a parental point of view, knock that shit off!!
and start keeping the rubber side down already, would ya?? Sheez.. :rolleyes:

Seriously, glad you're alright.

LOrtega

Control Rider
Didnt see the crash but Greg and I came up on the aftermath before you started the cookout and it looked like someone dumped a crate full of parts across all of turn 1 ...it was a really weird place to see parts and a bike laying on its side was cool that you didnt get hurt T1 is a bad place to crash...

madriders86

rugbydawg13;208670 wrote: All I could tell madriders86 is that it looked like you lost the front but I can't say for sure.
Front said "byebye," without a doubt, but I could SWEAR that i was on the gas :dunno:

The front had about 10 days on it prior to saturday but with plenty of tread. Maybe it was a problem maybe it wasnt, but i'll be swapping that out for a fresh one and paying thermosman a visit to have the suspension set up properly at the next opportunity to narrow all possible causes issues with the bike down to the nut between the bars and the seat ;)

noobinacan

madriders86;208720 wrote: Front said "byebye," without a doubt, but I could SWEAR that i was on the gas :dunno:

The front had about 10 days on it prior to saturday but with plenty of tread. Maybe it was a problem maybe it wasnt, but i'll be swapping that out for a fresh one and paying thermosman a visit to have the suspension set up properly at the next opportunity to narrow all possible causes issues with the bike down to the nut between the bars and the seat ;)
dude,glad you're ok. that's a fast place to go down.
and when my GPA211 had 7 days on it, the front still looked ok, but at last VIR-S event, I had the front slide on me a bit.
Also, the front had lost its profile after 7 days...so quick transition from left to right etc...required a lot of work.
and turn in required a lot of work.

new front fixed my handling issues and made it easier to ride.

JRA

madriders86;208720 wrote: Front said "byebye," without a doubt, but I could SWEAR that i was on the gas :dunno:

My advice would be not to work on your own forks.:)

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
shell015;208489 wrote: While I don't have video of your crash, I can sympathize since I did the same yesterday afternoon going into T-1 in the A group. I'll piggie back on your thread and ask the same if any one has video of it. I thought I had video from my on board GoPro but the freakin' battery died before the crash. Here's my take on what happened:

Thankfully, it was my own doing and didn't involve any other riders. I don't know exactly what happened but I was braking hard and down shifting to slow down for T1. I think I hit 1st gear by mistake and somehow grabbed too much front brake causing the front to lock up and bucking me up and over the windscreen. It was almost like someone taking a metal pipe and jamming it through the front wheel. I ejected and the bike and I went for a nice tumble. I was told the bike cart wheeled 2-5 times. It didn't hit me. I think the first thing that hit the ground was my helmet. I got my bell rung pretty hard, but never blacked out. I jumped up and saw the bike trashed and on fire. Yeah, the gas tank got punctured and hit the exhaust or something and flames were coming out the belly pan as it laid on the ground. I got up and ran away from the bike. Red flag and CWs ran with extinguishers. Ambulance picked me up and checked me out in the pits but said I didn't seem to need a ride into town. I banged my knee pretty hard in the tarmac and the muscle next to the right knee cap is is swollen and very tender with some rash from the suit lining (no hole in suit). Right elbow has a minor rash. Right collar bone area muscle is very sore and tender. Left thumb is sore (hyper extended maybe?). Generally I'm in really good shape considering the crash and damage to the 675. It's a complete total. Not even worth fixing. The frame is broken on both sides of the steering head column. I'm going to part it out and hopefully do better than what the insurance company would do considering it's a 2006 model and probably wouldn't get more than $2000 from insurance.

A buddy saw the whole thing a bike length or two behind me and he said the crash has burned permanent images in his brain. He told me everything looked fine, and before I even turned in to 1, he said the bike's rear end just came up and tossed me up and over the front of the bike with it following behind. If anyone else saw it, chime in!
When I got to T1, your bike was on it's side getting ready to grill the Sunday night steaks and you were up and moving to the T1 runoff area towards your friends bike. My initial impression is that you both had maybe made some unintentional contact and you'd crashed as a result, but glad to hear at least that wasn't the case. As I came by I said to myself..."Self, that's a red flag..just give it a second." Sure enough...my Self was right..by T3 the crimsons were out waving. I was just glad to see both riders vertical.

Sorry about the bike, hope to see you out there again soon.

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
JRA;208760 wrote: My advice would be not to work on your own forks.:)
Oh Hell John...now why go throw LOGIC and SENSE into a NESBA forum thread...WHY??????

:D

madriders86

hurting my feelings a little bit there john :D

i actually just changed the fork seals and assembled them correctly, as the previous owner hadnt...i didn't actually make much of an attempt to set up the suspension :cool:

JRA

madriders86;208964 wrote: hurting my feelings a little bit there john :D

i actually just changed the fork seals and assembled them correctly, as the previous owner hadnt...i didn't actually make much of an attempt to set up the suspension :cool:
I didn't intend to hurt any feelings, I'm just speaking from the experience of the stupid things I've done in the past. You were talking about making the spacers longer (or shorter, I don't remember) and I just think that tinkering around with the internals of suspension is generally not a good idea for most of us. It might not have had anything to do with the crash but you were looking for answers and I that could be it...or part of it. It would still probably be a good idea to have them checked out.

madriders86

I was just joshin. My skin's thicker than that. It's got to be in this sport :)

And yeah I definitely plan on having them checked out. Funky stuff in there, but I figured I had it sorted. It looked like somebody had swapped the springs but didn't bother to make proper spacers for them. This was like...wednesday of last week so I had to make it work fast. It was crunch time and I did what I could!