Anyone N2 going NYST on July 9th?

RSV4Pluto

My first time heading to NYST on July 9th. Just wondering if anyone is going from N2 and how they liked it if you have been before . Maybe I'll see you there and say hi. This will be my second track day, first day was NJMP.

wmhjr

Grandpa
Control Rider
Enjoy your time there! The NYST event is a "partner" event being run by Evolve GT - not N2. More than likely, most of the N2 groups will end up either at Road Atlanta or Summit Point that weekend (RA is Sat/Sun, and Summit is Sun/Mon).

RSV4Pluto

Enjoy your time there! The NYST event is a "partner" event being run by Evolve GT - not N2. More than likely, most of the N2 groups will end up either at Road Atlanta or Summit Point that weekend (RA is Sat/Sun, and Summit is Sun/Mon).

Thanks , yeah it should be a good time. I have talked with a couple Evolve guys, seems like it will be just fine. One of these days I will make it out to Summit Point or RA. I'm still dreaming about it at the moment. In the mean time I'm hitting all the tracks closest to home. Then I'll venture off into the racing wilderness.

moman

I have more laps there than I can remember, awesome technical track either way you run it. Had an airtime membership second year they were open. Calling it a safety track is a bit misleading IMHO. You do not want to go off track as the runoff pretty much everywhere is rough with rocks and still some stumps. I have complained to the owners about their lack of addressing the issue but no action on their part yet. Thus I only did one day there this year, been riding other tracks that seem to be more concerned about actual rider safety.

RSV4Pluto

I have more laps there than I can remember, awesome technical track either way you run it. Had an airtime membership second year they were open. Calling it a safety track is a bit misleading IMHO. You do not want to go off track as the runoff pretty much everywhere is rough with rocks and still some stumps. I have complained to the owners about their lack of addressing the issue but no action on their part yet. Thus I only did one day there this year, been riding other tracks that seem to be more concerned about actual rider safety.

Yeah the name does look misleading after watching videos. Rocks and stumps doesn't sound pleasant. You would think something like that would be addressed right away. Well all I can do is try it out and see it in person. Looks like a very interesting technical track, hope I learn as much if not more about myself and the bike as I did at NJMP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ninjamansc

THE Comstock
Control Rider
Yeah. As long as you don't step out of your comfort zone. Or just above. So much elevation change. Had a blast a few years ago. But yeah. DEFINITELY try to stay on track. You go off track, you're going to get hurt.

Soooo much grip though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

RSV4Pluto

Hey question for you. At NYST I have my pickup truck and a small canopy. Do I have to request somewhere to set up or pay extra for a spot, or will they direct me to a spot to set up in the paddock area?

moman

You can pretty much set up anywhere you like. More than likely it will be pretty full at the upper pit area between the gate and the building since you are arriving second day of the event. If you are lucky enough to arrive when there is a vacant spot in that area grab it. The lower pit area has no level ground, can't believe when they were doing all the dozer work building this track they didn't make the pits close to level. I could understand having a little slope for drainage but this pit area is ridiculous.

RSV4Pluto

You can pretty much set up anywhere you like. More than likely it will be pretty full at the upper pit area between the gate and the building since you are arriving second day of the event. If you are lucky enough to arrive when there is a vacant spot in that area grab it. The lower pit area has no level ground, can't believe when they were doing all the dozer work building this track they didn't make the pits close to level. I could understand having a little slope for drainage but this pit area is ridiculous.

Noted, don't go off track, don't let bike tip, lol, thanks. Well , if you ever had a say in track design , you would be the man! Those things are important to take in consideration 4 sure.