Anyone ride with glasses? (not contacts)

avizpls

#11-A
Its annoying. you cant look "up" as much even with scrinching your nose. Thus, you need to kink your neck up more. It sucks. in fact, I just made a eye appt to get new contacts before the first event.

stephenjpauls

avizpls;44710 wrote: Its annoying. you cant look "up" as much even with scrinching your nose. Thus, you need to kink your neck up more. It sucks. in fact, I just made a eye appt to get new contacts before the first event.
:agree:
I always ride with glasses and this is the only issue I have with glasses, my neck is really sore after a track day because I have to really tilt my head to prevent looking over my glasses. Tracks like Barber with the massive elevation changes make this even worse. I have never worn contacts, but though about getting some for track days to prevent this issue... but after reading these posts I might just get glasses with larger lenses to give me a larger field of vision. I'm also lucky that my eye sight isn't all that bad, so its not like I'm blind when looking over my glasses.

Cheers,
Steve

adouglas

Necrothread resurrect....

Just joined the forum but have something to contribute here.

I ride with glasses and am pretty much blind without 'em.... looking over the top of the frames is NOT an option.

I have come up with a solution that works, but it DOES make you look geeky. Personally I don't care... seeing is more important.

Take a Breathe-Right strip (the adhesive thing you put across your nose). Fold in half before you take the backing off to make a peak in the middle.

Put it on your nose way high up... not across the fat part where it's meant to go. Orient it as vertical as possible.

You now will have a ridge of plastic up above the bridge of your nose that your glasses frames can perch on.

If your temples (the arms of the frame) fit snugly enough to hold the glasses in close to your face, this works perfectly. Your lenses sit higher up so you can look upwards from your tuck... no more craning your neck.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Sounds good, thanks for the tip. What I did was get a pair of prescription sunglasses witj clear lenses. Large enough lens that I don't look over it. They slide down sometimes so your suggestion may help with that.

avizpls

#11-A
HondaGalToo;295254 wrote: Sounds good, thanks for the tip. What I did was get a pair of prescription sunglasses witj clear lenses. Large enough lens that I don't look over it. They slide down sometimes so your suggestion may help with that.
this is also my solution until LASIK.

kstorm

Look up Wiley X SG-1. The frames are plastic and easily slide between helmet and head, and even better the side pieces are replaceable with a strap thats great for jetskiing with.