Anyone use Dynabead?

WolfKnife

I tried looking on here to see if anyone has posted something about it, but couldnt find anything. Has anyone used dyna bead for balancing the wheel. Any thoughts?

dobr24

I have used them in my street tires for years and I love them. No tape on the rims. They balance fine....

Having said that I wouldn't use them in a track bike. Too much tire changing to make them reasonable.

Ruhe52

Ben wah for bikes?

Mike Ruhe
SE CR 52
2006 Yamaha R6
2009 Yamaha Zuma 125
2010 BMW S1000rr
2011 Suzuki GSXR 750

Support our Servicemen and Women
www.swettwarriors.org

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
Hunter S. Thompson

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Lonewrench;271846 wrote: rubbish................
I would agree, but can you explain why? I see the question come up on other forums and would like to be able to give a sound reason as to why they don't work. Thanks! :)

Mikey75702

Never used dynabeads before, but it doesn't appear much different than equal... Equal works well in car and truck tires (use it in a fleet maintenance scenario) so I don't see why it wouldn't work in motorcycle applications, but as said above a racetrack environment requires a lot of tire changes and that could get very involved. ( and equal being a powder, sometimes sticks to the rims and will add a ton of weight and needs to be cleaned off before installing a new tire) I would assume ( might be wrong) that the inside of the race tire would get sticky when it heats up, which could cause those little beads to get stuck and make the tire even more unbalanced than it was before.

dobr24

I can add that I ran these in my Ducati at a track day. I was running BT003rs tires and never had a problem with them sticking to the tire. I was running advanced.

Ruhe52

and when you change the tire little beads fall all over the ground and get in your tire machine and so on and so on.

Rubbish

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
HondaGalToo;271899 wrote: I would agree, but can you explain why? I see the question come up on other forums and would like to be able to give a sound reason as to why they don't work. Thanks! :)
I would say...why would you use them?

MOST of the people here don't change their own tires. And MOST places have the balance fee thrown in with the mounting fee. Therefore...why bother with the dynabeads? Trust me...no one in the tire business actually like those things (Or fix a flat for your car tires).

And for those that change your own tires (Like myself), those dyna beads go fucking everywhere. I mean...everywhere. Pain in the ass to try and get them all. It's a lot like glitter...you NEVER get rid of that stuff. Doesn't help that my tire changer set up is in my trailer, so they always find a nook and cranny to find in. So, it winds up costing me more time than just using regular wheel weights.

And maybe it's just my experience, and some might find it kind of odd - but the Dunlop Q2's and now 211 GPA's I run have been fantastic in regards to balancing. I actually just balanced my rims by themselves. Rarely have the tires needed much, if any balancing after mounting.

So no real black and white reason not to use them - just not very practical.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Otto Man;271924 wrote: I would say...why would you use them?

MOST of the people here don't change their own tires. And MOST places have the balance fee thrown in with the mounting fee. Therefore...why bother with the dynabeads? Trust me...no one in the tire business actually like those things (Or fix a flat for your car tires).

And for those that change your own tires (Like myself), those dyna beads go fucking everywhere. I mean...everywhere. Pain in the ass to try and get them all. It's a lot like glitter...you NEVER get rid of that stuff. Doesn't help that my tire changer set up is in my trailer, so they always find a nook and cranny to find in. So, it winds up costing me more time than just using regular wheel weights.

And maybe it's just my experience, and some might find it kind of odd - but the Dunlop Q2's and now 211 GPA's I run have been fantastic in regards to balancing. I actually just balanced my rims by themselves. Rarely have the tires needed much, if any balancing after mounting.

So no real black and white reason not to use them - just not very practical.
Thanks. I do change my own tires and am not the least bit interested in using them. Call me old-fashioned, but I like a good old static balancer, which is what I have. I was just looking for a reason when folks ask! :)

I do like the glitter analogy, LOL. That would drive me nuts.

Last Week

For a RV they are great. For sonething you change tires on real frequently the cost alone is enough to not do it. When you add in the mess and not being able to recycle them due to the inner carcass wear . (When you change the tire, the black beads aren't dyna beads you see. they are rubber balls made from the inside of your tire.)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

avizpls

#11-A
110584d1337016634-dyna-beads-use-bead-accul_08-medium-.jpg

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Look how tiny those beads are. Sheesh. I would think all those rubber balls in there would add more weight, acting like giant dynabeads. I'll pass....
...not that I ever even considered them.

moto1320

I've played with different versions of this stuff and monitored the before and after on a road force balancer. They don't do anything unless it's by chance and sometimes that difference is worse. I'm convinced that they stay wherever they happen to be as soon as centrifugal force takes over, which is why you will get a different reading every time you spin a wheel with them on the balancer.

Craigo298er

Weird story....put dyna beads in my old 1150 GS Adventure BMW's Anakee 2's a few years ago...when they were worn out I gently broke the bead and looked inside. Gone. I mean gone....Only thing left was a gooey round ball about a 1/4" in diameter. Front tire., rear had numerous gooey balls. I know I put 1 1/2 oz. in both tires. WTF. Tried 'em once..