Arai tear offs

csteger03

Hey guy's, I'm looking for some help! I'm looking to get some tear offs for my Arai corsair v. The problem is that the ones from Arai are blue not clear, even though "they" state they are clear tear offs. I'm looking for the ones that AMA racers wear like Josh Hays and Martin Cardenas use. They are "actually" clear and are almost reflective in the sun. They also seem much thinner than the ones from Arai and easier to stack.

Is there an aftermarket company that makes these? Do the teams make their own? I figured I would start here because I see many club racers using said tear offs.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks.

Thunderace

BIG JIM
Control Rider
Quick question, do you believe they are blue because of the picture?

1390(3).jpg

If so, you need to understand that they have a thin blue layer of plastic over them to protect them. Once put on the helmet, you peel away the blue layer to expose a completely clear tear-off.

csteger03

Thunderace;265370 wrote: Quick question, do you believe they are blue because of the picture?

1390(3).jpg

If so, you need to understand that they have a thin blue layer of plastic over them to protect them. Once put on the helmet, you peel away the blue layer to expose a completely clear tear-off.
I did not know that. To be honest I thought the blue pieces were the tear off, but it's more or less a protector?

Thunderace

BIG JIM
Control Rider
csteger03;265423 wrote: I did not know that. To be honest I thought the blue pieces were the tear off, but it's more or less a protector?
In order to keep the tear-off perfectly clear, there is a clear plastic film on one side and the blue plastic on the other. I believe they put the color into one of the sheets so you don't loose them as easily. I keep mine in my overhead cabinet and they would just blend into the shelf otherwise.

csteger03

Thanks alot guys! I appreciate all the help. I will tape the corners for sure.

Has anyone heard of a tear-off brand called "superthins"?

noobinacan

hey CESTEGER03....

you posted a sensible question on the WERA boards
you outta your mind?? HAHA

:rtfm: :popcorn:

:D

the responses...
I can't stop laughing...HJAHAHA

don't visit the dungeon unless in full body armor :p j/k

csteger03

noobinacan;265477 wrote: hey CESTEGER03....

you posted a sensible question on the WERA boards
you outta your mind?? HAHA

:rtfm: :popcorn:

:D

the responses...
I can't stop laughing...HJAHAHA

don't visit the dungeon unless in full body armor :p j/k
Haha... Thanks noobiancan! I learned that the hard way. Had no idea what I was getting my self into... unreal!

noobinacan

crewnutz;266290 wrote: Where exactly are you supposed to remove them?

:)
If I remember correctly think its against NESBA or trackday policy in general to not remove them on the track...

It makes sense for various reasons, as it would litter the track, if everyone was running one every session and would remove even a single tear off per session.
It would then proceed to present a hazard to everyone else.

Also you've got the chance of tear off not being put on correctly and coming off...or rip itself off the posts in the wrong section of the track...

not sure how real of a threat one is if you run over it while leaned over...but don't want to find out :idea:

crewnutz

I've never heard of that policy...

I use them nearly everytime I go onto a track anywhere...they not only help to provide 100% visibility for the rider if something hits it but they also protect visors from being scratched and pitted from debris hitting them

JRA

No policy against tear-offs, but I don't think you should be pulling them off on track at a trackday. There's really no point in it, and at a minimum it can be distracting to other riders. It's just a trackday, you can easily pit in and clean your visor or remove the tear-off.

noobinacan

I was told that by CR last year, good to know the facts.
but personally, will still take them off in the pits if possible...and avoid litter on the track :popcorn:

some guy #2

I've only removed dirty ones while in the pits. Even at races I usually stick the dirty one in my leathers or hand it off to an official.