Are you tired of Ray Lewis?

Pseudolus

Sorry D-Zum,:D

Before I get into the commentary, the question I'm posing is " who do you want to win the Super Bowl and why?" And am I the only one who went from respecting Ray Lewis as one of the best linebackers to ever play to wondering if he's trying to land a reality TV gig?

I love the Ravens defense. Have for many years. I tend to root for the teams or players that play the game the way it's supposed to be played. So I was rooting for Ray until he came up against Peyton Manning. I labored over the decision of who to root for but in the end, there was only one player I felt comfortable encouraging my son to look up to. The one without 4 baby mommas and two attempted murder charges.:dunno:

Then I see Ray in the game against the Patriots, wearing three t shirts and crying like a BEATRICE every time the camera panned to him. So at this point, I'm struggling with whether to focus my energy on supporting Ed Reed and the Ravens, because I have no love for San Fran, but Ray's drama almost makes me want him to lose, just to see what t shirt he displays and what Biblical verse he butchers...

As an FYI, i was just in North Dakota on Monday D-Zum and they had NO love for Ray! :p

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
Bubba Zanetti;263655 wrote: When I saw your thread title "I was thinking "Who the hell is Ray Lewis"? LOL!

Clearly I am not into football.

BZ
I am glad I am not the only one. :)

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
No offense taken.

Ray's different for me. The last football game I ever saw with my parents (both are gone now) was Xmas Eve 2000 Ravens vs. Jets. Dad's 58th and last birthday. He died 30 days later with today marking the anniversary of that event on 24 January 2001. The last time I talked with my Dad was after the Raven's won the AFC Championship that year. We had his funeral on the 27th, watched the Superbowl on the 28th and buried him on the 29th. So the last game and the last things we talked about were the Superbowl Champions. Ray's the last member of that team still playing. His retirement marks a moment for me.

I also admire Ray's passion for the game and his ability on the field both physical and mental. Watching him and Peyton square off at the line is truly a chess match. The three greatest at that position of all time...Butkus, Lambert, and Lewis..with Lewis being #1 on my list for the way he's led that team and become a mentor to so many other NFL players.

I also admire Ray for the way he's matured over the years. Yes, SOMETHING happened down in Atlanta that was VERY bad. I wasn't there. Ray got intermingled in it somehow. If you've never made a mistake, you're truly special..but if you have, it's not the mistake that REALLY matters to me..but what you learn from it and how you recover that show what you're made of inside. Lewis realized he had something extremely special he was jeopardizing and completely turned his life around. I applaud that.
I've always told myself, "Never make the same mistake twice."

Ray's kids...none of my business. I have a 2 year old with a woman who came with a 6 year old son. (He's 13 now). He seems to be in their lives and seems to care deeply about them. I know plenty of women with 4 kids from 4 fathers, and many times they don't know who the "Baby-Daddy" is for a couple, that drag them around like a burden because they thought getting knocked up each time would keep that man in their lives...and it apparently didn't happen..so the kids are no longer "useful" to them.

I think the crying is Ray struggling with this decision a little. After 17 years, I kinda cannot blame him.

I became a season ticket holder this year and kinda caught "Purple Fever". Going to the games is and has been just an unbelievable fun time every Sunday. When Ray comes out of the tunnel and does his dance the place was just electric for almost 72,000. Not going to be the same without #52.

I don't have any strong tie to either team but this time I will root for the 49ers.

I appreciate Ray Lewis passion for the game but I also am a little tired of the tearful emotional outbursts.

While I don't discount Ray Lewis truly superb career, I still think of Mike Singletary when I think of the foremost linebackers (and he was Lewis linebackers coach for a while too).

Jiggy

Control Rider
raylewisorangejumpsuit.jpeg

D-Zum

I would expect nothing less from a Squealer Fan Jiggy. :p

Pseudolus

D-Zum;263658 wrote: No offense taken.

I became a season ticket holder this year and kinda caught "Purple Fever". Going to the games is and has been just an unbelievable fun time every Sunday. When Ray comes out of the tunnel and does his dance the place was just electric for almost 72,000. Not going to be the same without #52.
D-Zum, being that you're down there (where I lived before moving here), I hope you understand what I mean when I respond to your response by simply saying CHURCH!

I appreciate what you shared and I support Green Bay whenever it's not a conflict, for a similar reason.

For the other absolutely hilarious responses, thank you, and yes, the haterade was flowing in this thread. May your Superbowl be filled with the indulgence you most prefer, assuming you watch it:)!

denbsteph

Gorilla;263677 wrote: I hope he blows his knee out doin that stupid ass dance before the game.
Ray Lewis has got to go, tired of his routine. :mad: The Ravens are feeding off of his Retirement energy, which is a good thing for them. GO SAN FRAN!!!!!!

Lewis is a glorified murderer that the NFL welcomed back with open arms. This is the main reason I do not watch the NFL. I watch 2 minutes of it, then here comes the dancing, finger pointing dance for a first down, etc, etc, etc, for what?????

What happen to the days where you pummel a runner into the ground, get up, go back to the huddle, then do it again and again and again. Go to the sideline get the slap on the helmet numerous times, then go back out and do it again.

I enjoyed watching Aman Green for the Packers score a touchdown, HAND THE BALL TO THE REF then run off the field. That is a
PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL PLAYER. These guys who play today are very talented, big and fast, but do not have one ounce of PROFESSIONALISM in their bones.

As much as I despised Jack Ottom (I believe that was his first name) who played for the OAKLAND Raiders, he was feared on the field, but man could he take your head off.

Terry Bradshaw, Fran Tarkenton, Roger Staubach, Dick Butkas, Joe "Mean" Green, Alan Page, I could go on for ever about the PROFESSIONAL football players of yester year, but you get the picture.

pistol

I'm a fan of football but Ray Lewis has to answer to a higher power than us, so as they say "karma is a bitch"

D-Zum

denbsteph;263693 wrote: Ray Lewis has got to go, tired of his routine. :mad: The Ravens are feeding off of his Retirement energy, which is a good thing for them. GO SAN FRAN!!!!!!

Lewis is a glorified murderer that the NFL welcomed back with open arms. This is the main reason I do not watch the NFL. I watch 2 minutes of it, then here comes the dancing, finger pointing dance for a first down, etc, etc, etc, for what?????

What happen to the days where you pummel a runner into the ground, get up, go back to the huddle, then do it again and again and again. Go to the sideline get the slap on the helmet numerous times, then go back out and do it again.

I enjoyed watching Aman Green for the Packers score a touchdown, HAND THE BALL TO THE REF then run off the field. That is a
PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL PLAYER. These guys who play today are very talented, big and fast, but do not have one ounce of PROFESSIONALISM in their bones.

As much as I despised Jack Ottom (I believe that was his first name) who played for the OAKLAND Raiders, he was feared on the field, but man could he take your head off.

Terry Bradshaw, Fran Tarkenton, Roger Staubach, Dick Butkas, Joe "Mean" Green, Alan Page, I could go on for ever about the PROFESSIONAL football players of yester year, but you get the picture.
But Lorenzo and Rossi's elaborate celebrations after races are acceptable?

Also, it shows truly how much you have not been paying attention because elaborate celebrations have been banned by the rules..more than on person involved in a post-touchdown celebration results in a penalty to that team.

And you watch the Packers..home of the Lambeau Leap..boy that's a subtle celebration.

It was Jack Tatum of the Raiders who built a reputation as a dirty player. (May he rest in peace)

Slow Steve

I hate pushups.
Control Rider
We pay to watch football and be entertained. Celebrations are entertaining.

Lewis is not in jail for murder the part I checked, stop calling him one. If you don't like how the legal system works, get of your couch and do something about it. If you don't do something then shut the he77 up about our.

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
Slow Steve;263709 wrote: We pay to watch football and be entertained. Celebrations are entertaining.

Lewis is not in jail for murder the part I checked, stop calling him one. If you don't like how the legal system works, get of your couch and do something about it. If you don't do something then shut the he77 up about our.
Pretty ironic, coming from the guy saying the hate was strong in this thread...

:rolleyes:

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
D-Zum;263711 wrote: Steve never said that..Rob did (FastGuy)
My bad.

They're all the same...all foot ball fans.

:p

Could never get into something that requires all the dudes to dress up in skin tight clothing while paying them millions upon millions to throw the pig skin around. :dunno: It's not just football, I feel the same for all the professional sports. I do enjoy watching kids play sports...because you NEVER know what's going to happen. Now that is entertainment! :D

D-Zum

Just had some other thoughts for all you haters.

Ben Roethlisberger = beat rape charges multiple times, Pittsburgh's fans have apparently erased that from their memories with his two Lombardi's

Michael Crabtree = Was just questioned in an incident of alleged sexual misconduct after the NFC championship, but they're going to the Superbowl so that wipes that off the headlines.

Randy Moss = Don't think all his kids come from the same mother

Chris Carter = was a cocaine addict early in his career

Lawrence Taylor = Substance abuse during his career and rape recently

Why aren't you talking about them and their misdeeds?

Something about people in glass houses comes to mind here.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
D-Zum;263715 wrote: Just had some other thoughts for all you haters.

Ben Roethlisberger = beat rape charges multiple times, Pittsburgh's fans have apparently erased that from their memories with his two Lombardi's

Michael Crabtree = Was just questioned in an incident of alleged sexual misconduct after the NFC championship, but they're going to the Superbowl so that wipes that off the headlines.

Randy Moss = Don't think all his kids come from the same mother

Chris Carter = was a cocaine addict early in his career

Lawrence Taylor = Substance abuse during his career and rape recently

Why aren't you talking about them and their misdeeds?

Something about people in glass houses comes to mind here.
You forgot Michael Vick.