Armour bodies for 03 GSXR 750

bigt750

I hope you all can help,just purchased race plastics for my 03 GSXR 750 and so far every thing has fit well except for the tail piece,and this is where I hope someone can help.On the new tail piece it only has 2 places for bolts and thats behind the seat near the storage box and so when its installed the seat moves like a see-saw.If i put my factory seat on the tail section will fit over it and is somewhat secure but doesnt look right,so myself and a friend tried to come up a way to secure the tail section down and what we did is took the stock seat removed the padding and cut it to try to make a support under the seat portion of the tail,but thats not working out right,we are thinking of a couple more things but just wanted to find out if anyone out there has come accross this problem.I did call Woodcraft and told them about the problem and I was told most plastics come with a seat stay but the 03 GSXR did not need one.Any suggestions?

speedfree

There's no spot for bolts up front at the stock seat front mounting points (ie forward of the battery box)?

bigt750

no there isnt,I would need to measure and drill a hole and come up with some sort of spacer,also forgot to mention when the tail piece is on it hits the rear brake resevoir and you have to spread the plastic open more to allow it to slide down over it,I thought about notching it out to clear it