Attn.: Alpinestars Bionic Jacket users…

Lars

I would love to hear if any guys have experience with any of following jackets:

Bionic S 2 Jacket: http://www.alpinestars.com/Bionic_S_2_Jacket/pd/np/170/p/650668.html
650668_black_red_l.jpg

Bionic 2 Protection Jacket: http://www.alpinestars.com/Bionic_2_Protection_Jacket/pd/np/170/p/650658.html
650658_black_red_l.jpg

Bionic Protection 2 Jacket: http://www.alpinestars.com/Bionic_Protection_2_Jacket/pd/np/170/p/650655.html
650655.jpg

I am looking to protect my shoulders and chest better.
The shoulder protection in my Alpinestars Race Replica is a little thin.

Thank you in advance

Cu @ the track,
Lars

jimgl3

no pretty red piping, but for 1/2 the money I went with this brand. I use the chest and back protector under my A*Stars RC-1 suit. The shoulders in the RC-1 suit are thin, but stronger than these. I used the shoulders and elbows back when I rode on the street. I went over the bars once in a ditch and landed on my shoulder and didn't feel a thing. Honest. Wish I had it on when I went over the bars on my mountain bike! ; )

http://six-gear.com/apparel2/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=18

Is it Friday yet? ....Barber ....Barber ....Barber

RacerRuss

1st hand experience

I just got the Bionic S 2 Jacket last week, wore it for the first time at Summit for the WERA races. On the bike, I did not notice it, which is good. It did make my leathers harder to get on and off and it was uncomfortable sitting in a chair with it on, but overall seems to be a nice piece.

Lars

Hi Guys

I just came of the phone with Brian.
He found the shoulder protection to tight and limiting, so his choice was the one with out shoulder protection.
Have any of you guys felt the same limitation from the shoulder protection?

I plan to drop by VIR Full to say hallo to my track buddies
(I had surgery for a week ago, so no riding).

Cu,
Lars

RacerRuss

The elastic on the shoulders is a little tight, but it wasn't bad on the bike. Because of the number of shoulder injuries from bikes, I decided it was worth the extra protection.

In the end, it always comes down to protection vs comfort.

Lars

You are so right!

Jim: I hit a tree on a downhill with my handlebar and was airborne big time.
It happened fast while I bottomed out my front suspension and a root shifted the front-end to the left.
So I think I know what you are talking about ;)

Cu,
Lars

jimgl3

this is probably a stupid question, but you guys are taking the regular padding out of the shoulders of the leathers when you wear the gear jackets, yes?
:notsure:
I'm wearing one or the other, not both.

jimgl3

Lars: I wish it were something like that... I took my son to the motorcycle show and he saw them do "stoppies". When we got home he asked, "Dad, can you do that"? Well, the rest goes w/o saying... painfully! :doh:

(mountain bike)

no, I don't do that s h * t on a motorcycle!

RacerRuss

jimgl3;17265 wrote: this is probably a stupid question, but you guys are taking the regular padding out of the shoulders of the leathers when you wear the gear jackets, yes?
:notsure:
I'm wearing one or the other, not both.
I used both last weekend and it was OK. Looked a little like a football player, I am sure, but I am coming off of a high side a coupe of weeks ago at Beaver that jacked my ribs and sternum up, so I was being "Michilen Man" safe.

jimgl3

oh, I hear you! It's been 7 months since my stoppie incident and I'm still sore in that very area!

I'm being lazy and not looking back, you may have already said, but are you doing Barber this weekend?

RacerRuss

jimgl3;17378 wrote: oh, I hear you! It's been 7 months since my stoppie incident and I'm still sore in that very area!

I'm being lazy and not looking back, you may have already said, but are you doing Barber this weekend?
Not sure if your question was to me or the originator, but I am at Nelson Ledges with WERA this weekend. Hope to wrap up the championship in the old man's class.

jimgl3

no kidding! I am wanting / planning to get into the old man class in the SE region next year!

I'm not setting out to win anything, but to have fun.

will you be at the GNF then at Rd Atlanta? I'm going to miss watching that. we're taking the kids to Disney. Good luck if you do. I'm not sure who's leading points in the SE old men's... Think Rick Davis

Lars

My thoughts were to buy the jacket with long sleeve and take of the elbow protection.
The build-in shoulder protection then has to go.
I know I could go with the short sleeve, but I would like to have the possibility to use the jacket under a normal jacket for street riding.

Thank you guys, for your feedback.

Cu,
Lars

Kawa_Brian

Lars
Track GOOD
Street BAD....
CMP this weekend then NJMSP next week I'll be wore out
Hope you and Merle heal up and get back out...
Tell Merle hide the track bike and ride it in Secret...

Lars

Kawa_Brian;17739 wrote: Lars
Track GOOD
Street BAD....
CMP this weekend then NJMSP next week I'll be wore out
Hope you and Merle heal up and get back out...
Tell Merle hide the track bike and ride it in Secret...
Thank you Brian...
Merle only sell his 1000 ccm for now, so I hope he will continue.
I told him to wait until we both are in A and then we could call it 'the end'.

Cu,
Lars

jimgl3

Lars, that's another reason I went with the C note one... don't feel so bad about cutting the sleeves off for use under leathers. and back when I did still ride street the elastic straps kept it all in place quite well under the jacket when I did use the shoulders and elbows. I also got some industril velcro from Home Depot for the shoulders inside the street jacket just to be sure.