August VIR Events Q A

JRA

Has any progress been made regarding the photographer situation at VIR?
There's no progress to be made since it's the new rules that limit where they can shoot from. They can't shoot Patriot period, and only from oak tree on South. They have a few more options on North so they'll be there for those events.

JRA

Motofun352;204731 wrote: By the way..The $50 fee for a toy hauler is per night.
Both the $35 fee and the $50 fee are for the entire event. Whether you stay one night or all three, it's still $35 or $50.

Motofun352

Control Rider
JRA;204741 wrote: Both the $35 fee and the $50 fee are for the entire event. Whether you stay one night or all three, it's still $35 or $50.
Thanks for the heads-up. When my wife called they charged us $50 per night. I'll check back in with them.

JRA

No need to call ahead unless you want complete RV hook up (sewer,water,power). If that's the case they might charge you per night. General camping with power is as stated above. You pay at the gate when you go in.

Leaving for VIR after work on Friday 8/12. I should get there just before midnight. Will I still be able to enter for the NN weekend at that time? I will be staying there (camping) for the weekend.

kawaholic

Streetfighter122;204837 wrote: Leaving for VIR after work on Friday 8/12. I should get there just before midnight. Will I still be able to enter for the NN weekend at that time? I will be staying there (camping) for the weekend.
you're good to go, the gates are open 24hrs.

kawaholic

JRA;204297 wrote: Now that we've had three events at VIR this year I think that most are familiar with the facility and know what to expect. If not this thread answers most questions related to VIR http://tracktalk.nesba.com/showthread.php?t=2948. If you don't find what you need here, or in the linked thread, post up and I'll give you an answer.

For both event weekends we should be able to enter by 5:00 pm.

Chuck Giacchetto with Performance Cycleworx will be there both weekends. He will have Dunlop tires, multiple parts, just about any service you need, and also offering his expertise in all things related to going fast. Call or email Chuck in advance with any questions.

Mike Fitzgerald (Thermosman) will be there for suspension set up.

The NESBA demo rig is scheduled for the second weekend at S,S, N.

We will have a meet-n-greet at both event weekends on Saturday evening at about 6:30. If you'd like to stay and get to know the other riders as well as NESBA staff we'd love to have you. As many can attest this has been a pretty awesome addition to our events this season. You are welcome to bring your own food, bring some to share with others, or just have some of what others are offering to share. There are so many generous people within this club that cook up some great stuff, and I'm sure all would agree the food has been a lot better than your average cookout. The meet-n-greets totally kick ass so please join us.

We have six days at VIR in an eleven day period in August; four days on the North Course, and two on South. I'm not sure I can really think of a better way to spend two weekends that month, or a better track to do back-to-back weekends at. Hope to see you there.
:rtfm: :D

ThatSickRip

So can you bring your bikes there to have Thermosman do your suspensions even if youre not doing a trackday that weekend?

kawaholic

loudles;205015 wrote: Thanks. Sorry, I just wanted to confirm. :doh:
you're good... i was just having a little fun... :D

ThatSickRip;205054 wrote:
So can you bring your bikes there to have Thermosman do your suspensions even if youre not doing a trackday that weekend?
i don't see why you couldn't, depending on what you want done. if you're looking for more than just getting your sag set with some baseline settings, i'd just hope you weren't taking him away from guys who are trying to ride and get work done.

noobinacan

ThatSickRip;205054 wrote: So can you bring your bikes there to have Thermosman do your suspensions even if youre not doing a trackday that weekend?
sure he can setup your sag etc/ push on bike check settings...but I don't think it will matter much unless you're riding that day and provide him feedback. So from that aspect, you're not getting bang for your buck.

The biggest advantage at having him at the track is that you can work with him...

- SAT was terrible, front end jittery and soft in the front straight kink = massive loss of confidence.
- Sun morning, Mike makes small changes...
- Sun morning session: Massive difference...front felt great. happy...
- pit in, tell him exactly what the bike's doing..another small change
- front was even better...more happiness.

There is still small changes that i think will make it even better....

JRA

TGRIFF;205114 wrote: Is there same day at the track registration for these events?
Yes, you can always register at the track if there is space available in your group. It does cost more than registering online prior to the event.

kawaholic

what's the schedule for tomorrow? is it basically the same format as a normal trackday without the group rotations?