Back protector Question

spacemonkey

I'm getting frustrated with my Bohn Back protector. I always feel like the only tool who can't seem to get the damn thing to sit right or it will take a good 25 minutes for to wiggle into the correct position. This doesn't include the fact that my wife usually has to help me get by holding down the BP while I squirm into my suit.

Now my question is this,

I've looked around and i've seen some companies (alpinstar in particular) selling armor that is built into a shirt (ie: Astar bionic 2 Protection jacket). Is this comparable to the BOhn back protector? since this is "built into" the shirt does this make entering and exiting a suit easier?

Also does anybody recommend any particular brand or style for that matter? I don't know if i should get the full jacket and remove the armor in my leathers or get the vest and keep the leather armor?

What do you think?
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Chris-

betarace

if you are interested in trading your Bohn for an A* Bionic in very good condition (I have only worn the jacket maybe 5x on the street), PM me

Mr. Blindrider

Get a Knox Contour and have it velcro or sewed to the suit under the liner. No more moving around and hassle free. I had a A-star vest but it would bunch up next to my neck when putting my suit on.

spacemonkey

how difficult is it to sew that in? I would try the velcro but as i've had removable liners before that is a complete pain as it will stay in there just until your 95% in. Then it moves and as the rest of the suit is completely on it's difficult at best to get back in place.

zuluhour

I had the Bohn ProRacer previously and I can also attest to how hard it is to get the suit on with it. Once I got it on though it was pretty comfortable. I ended up selling it and getting the Joe Rocket speedmaster. It has a 6in. extension at the top that very incoveniently moves up and hits me square in the back of the neck when tucked. I considered attaching velcro and/or sewing but no tailor would touch it. Finally just cut the tab off and now it fits perfectly and the suit goes on much more easily.

BigBird

zuluhour;90512 wrote: I had the Bohn ProRacer previously and I can also attest to how hard it is to get the suit on with it. Once I got it on though it was pretty comfortable. I ended up selling it and getting the Joe Rocket speedmaster. It has a 6in. extension at the top that very incoveniently moves up and hits me square in the back of the neck when tucked. I considered attaching velcro and/or sewing but no tailor would touch it. Finally just cut the tab off and now it fits perfectly and the suit goes on much more easily.
the joe rocket speed master is the same as the forcefield back protector, and Moon has great prices on that stuff. I use it and it works great and feels like its not even there.

Mr. Blindrider

spacemonkey;89179 wrote: how difficult is it to sew that in? I would try the velcro but as i've had removable liners before that is a complete pain as it will stay in there just until your 95% in. Then it moves and as the rest of the suit is completely on it's difficult at best to get back in place.

BarnacleBill velcro mine in for something like $20.00. It attaches to the leather suit not the liner.