Bad CCS weekend for some Nesbians...

gkotlin

The worst part was George forgot he was not CR'ing. he went into turn 4 and tapped on his helmet. So Bart followed him into the air fence in 4.

Hope you're doing ok George.

ERB68

NickMcCoy;203811 wrote: I'm fine, just some rash on my shoulder and a headache, it definitely hurts financially more than physically. Did you get it on your camera?
The camera was on but the vid won't play. Grant noticed with his camera if you shut off the camera before you stop the recording it messes up the file vid.

My front camera lived but the back camera exploded.

I did get George K & Bart. A race later I got Jesse Lehmans tumble in the bus stop.

Zippy

I hope you all heal up well and soon!

Air fence does rock! That is exactly what I was thinking as I saw Kurt bounce off it pretty hard. I'm sure it saved him from much worse injury. The bike, not so much, but that was because it took a final unlucky bounce onto the forks after it flipped over the air fence and the tire wall. It was good to see him up and standing afterward.

NickMcCoy

ERB68;203872 wrote: The camera was on but the vid won't play. Grant noticed with his camera if you shut off the camera before you stop the recording it messes up the file vid.

My front camera lived but the back camera exploded.

I did get George K & Bart. A race later I got Jesse Lehmans tumble in the bus stop.
No offense, and I know shit happens in racing, but I hope you learned something from that crash. It would be one thing if it was a "racing incident", but that was reckless riding that risked the safety of both of us, not to mention costing us money and ending our weekend early. Considering that you still had 4 laps to battle it out with Charlie and a couple other guys and that first place was long gone, even if that move could have worked it would have been completely unnecessary. Again, not trying to be a dick, just saying that it's club racing and we should think about the risk and reward before divebombing riders at that speed.

Edit- By the way, I'm judging based upon what other riders and friends watching in turn one saw. If you have a different opinion of what happened I would be interested to hear it, or see the video if there is any way to get it. I obviously didn't see it so I could be wrong, I just went to turn in and felt a heavy impact and then was on the ground.

dlockhart5x

Wow... that sure was a rough weekend.
I hope everyone heals fast and bikes get fixed, repaired or replaced as needed.

steve p

NickMcCoy;203941 wrote: No offense, and I know shit happens in racing, but I hope you learned something from that crash. It would be one thing if it was a "racing incident", but that was reckless riding that risked the safety of both of us, not to mention costing us money and ending our weekend early. Considering that you still had 4 laps to battle it out with Charlie and a couple other guys and that first place was long gone, even if that move could have worked it would have been completely unnecessary. Again, not trying to be a dick, just saying that it's club racing and we should think about the risk and reward before divebombing riders at that speed.

Edit- By the way, I'm judging based upon what other riders and friends watching in turn one saw. If you have a different opinion of what happened I would be interested to hear it, or see the video if there is any way to get it. I obviously didn't see it so I could be wrong, I just went to turn in and felt a heavy impact and then was on the ground.
Sooner or later every single person who races has a "moment." It happens from the club novice level all the way to the GP level, remember when Hayden got taken out by Pedrosa in his championship year. There is a whole lot of info being processed in your head and sometimes all the data doesn't get downloaded correctly. I'm sure Ed has learned from this and I'm glad everyone is relatively ok. Making matters worse is the fact it was hot out. Now throw in multiple races and fatigue.

I just don't get why people have to come on the boards and shake their finger at people. What happened to the old days of face to face resolutions. I'm glad the video isn't working because next we would have 10 pages of different opinions about the video. I've been on both ends of the same situation, it sucks, but that's a risk that goes with the sport we all love. Nothing is gained from rubbing peoples noses in it. Like I said, sooner or later it will happen to you too. Again, glad you two are both ok.

sobottka

NickMcCoy;203941 wrote: No offense, and I know shit happens in racing, but I hope you learned something from that crash. It would be one thing if it was a "racing incident", but that was reckless riding that risked the safety of both of us, not to mention costing us money and ending our weekend early. Considering that you still had 4 laps to battle it out with Charlie and a couple other guys and that first place was long gone, even if that move could have worked it would have been completely unnecessary. Again, not trying to be a dick, just saying that it's club racing and we should think about the risk and reward before divebombing riders at that speed.

fwiw- im good friends with ed and have no beef with nick.
since were pointing fingers, i did not see anything but i talked with a couple corner workers who saw the incident as well a 2 racers not involed in this who said YOU were riding eratic. i think the conversation with the riders went like this. rob- "i think it was nick mccoy, red and black gsxr, did you see him?" other racer-"oh yeah that guy was all over the place." being predictable is key to saftey and it sounds like that may be a lesson you need to learn

lplonske

steve p;203950 wrote: Sooner or later every single person who races has a "moment." It happens from the club novice level all the way to the GP level, remember when Hayden got taken out by Pedrosa in his championship year. There is a whole lot of info being processed in your head and sometimes all the data doesn't get downloaded correctly. I'm sure Ed has learned from this and I'm glad everyone is relatively ok. Making matters worse is the fact it was hot out. Now throw in multiple races and fatigue.

I just don't get why people have to come on the boards and shake their finger at people. What happened to the old days of face to face resolutions. I'm glad the video isn't working because next we would have 10 pages of different opinions about the video. I've been on both ends of the same situation, it sucks, but that's a risk that goes with the sport we all love. Nothing is gained from rubbing peoples noses in it. Like I said, sooner or later it will happen to you too. Again, glad you two are both ok.
maybe a tear down is in order???:D

rk97

steve p;203950 wrote: Sooner or later every single person who races has a "moment." It happens from the club novice level all the way to the GP level, remember when Hayden got taken out by Pedrosa in his championship year. There is a whole lot of info being processed in your head and sometimes all the data doesn't get downloaded correctly. I'm sure Ed has learned from this and I'm glad everyone is relatively ok. Making matters worse is the fact it was hot out. Now throw in multiple races and fatigue.

:agree: I have nothing to add other than well-wishes to those who are recovering.

ERB68

I appreciate your position and perspective. I did make a mistake but it was a small one I could have corrected in the corner if you had held your line. I was in a little hot and deep and I was going to trail brake around the out side of you. You were entering the corner kinda shallow but at the last second you moved left in front of me. I was setting you up to pass on the outside. I tried to brake a little harder to avoid contact, no joy.

Again I feel bad for the contact. This is the culmination of bad things I was a little off, you felt you needed to adjust you entry that late. Traffic played a part in this too. You prolly didn't see/know there was at least 3 other bikes coming in with me.

One of the track people I spoke with felt you cut me off.

Anyway, Racing accident and I'm sorry for the contact. Like said it was a lot of little factors.

ERB68

Thank you for your very wise perspective.

Hope to see everyone soon.

jigs

Well,I know Ed and I know he's hard on himself or I should say,he puts alot of attention on the "push BUT finish",and ride as safe as possble,not just for him but for others around,study's alot and 99.99% of the time rides within himself but as Steve said...EVERYONE has a bobble...sometimes at the same time at the same place on the track...that's racing....glad the injuries weren't worse,let's give thanks for that....

gkotlin

No offense, but if you're not out there to give it your all and do your best, go ride trackdays. Sure, it's only club racing. But it's racing. It's normal to push beyond your comfort zone a little and try a different line or strategy to get by another rider. That's racing. To make a hail Mary dive bomb pass and hope it sticks is a different story.

I'm likely to go deep on the brakes and try to make a pass. Could I make a mistake and crash? I sure could. But there are times like turn 2, where I think twice. I rarely take a pass in turn 2 because of the consequence for me or the individual I'm passing. I may take a pass there, but only one that I'm sure I will complete. But again, I could make a mistake. We're all human and none of us are perfect.

Making mistakes and learning from them is how you grow and develop as rider, racer. It's one of the ways you learn. Unfortunately, sometimes the mistakes we make can hurt ourselves or others. That's a fact of this game. I think we unfortunately got reminded of this later in the day.

4 laps to work on making the pass? It's racing, if there is an opportunity to pass, you need to take it. If the race was red flagged, it would be over. I was reminded of this in my GTL race. I was working my way through the field, I took my time because I had 25 minutes. The race was flagged and I wasn't able to get by the leader.

It sounds to me like this was a racing incident. It happens. It could have gone better. It could have gone MUCH worse.

Andrei

gkotlin;204005 wrote: No offense, but if you're not out there to give it your all and do your best, go ride trackdays. Sure, it's only club racing. But it's racing. It's normal to push beyond your comfort zone a little and try a different line or strategy to get by another rider. That's racing. To make a hail Mary dive bomb pass and hope it sticks is a different story.
The risk perseption is very different when the track is 100s miles away from home, you rode it a handfull of times and had no real practice the day of the event .... just saying. These guys and gals are clearly at disatavantage relative to us who ride there a lot. So , please, do not jump on the guy with this erratic riding argument bs.... You should have seen how Travis rode that weekend ... geez .... you'd better stay clear.

Andrei

jigs;203986 wrote: Well,I know Ed and I know he's hard on himself or I should say,he puts alot of attention on the "push BUT finish
and this is true ... we love big Ed. Just hate to see the bandwagon jumping on someone. if you've got taken out ... you should have the right to vent a little. nothin' wrong with this I see.

jigs

Andrei;204036 wrote: The risk perseption is very different when the track is 100s miles away from home, you rode it a handfull of times and had no real practice the day of the event .... just saying. These guys and gals are clearly at disatavantage relative to us who ride there a lot. So , please, do not jump on the guy with this erratic riding argument bs.... You should have seen how Travis rode that weekend ... geez .... you'd better stay clear.
I trully think lack of practice time had something to do with alot of the offs.None saturday...Rain,same thing Sunday.I know for myself,I really don't like to race when it's my first time on the trcak all day...the ole' noodle just aint' up to speed yet.So I just center myself,take a deap breath,let it out,smile and say to myself..."I don't care how i do ,I just want to finish" and it puts me in the right frame of mind to go out at race pace without practice.Saturday was real eveidence of this when there a what seemd to be quite a few 1st and 2nd lap crashes.

ride_hard

If you weren't riding behind or passing Nick McCoy I don't think you can make a statement to him having an eratic line or not. There is a difference between a poor line and eradic. I suppose all things considered I'm a pretty green racer/rider, but is a swooping line a racing line or eradic? I saw a few folks trying that this weekend... and I stuffed it inside every one of 'em I witnessed doing it. Either way it's something you handle in person not on a forum on Monday.

Zippy

No one said anything in a harsh way, it's just more of a discussion of how it happened and why that than any strong accusations. I don't think there's anything wrong with posting about it afterward. We all learn a bit from it. It makes us think. Bring it out of the closet, as long as you keep a civil head about it, I say. People will make mistakes, and sometimes a small one is enough to make things go very wrong. It can happen to any of us, and I know that we all hope it never does.

I'm glad you guys are both going to be OK. I hope the wallets are going to be OK too!