Bad knee, need stock pegs for a 2000 R-6

simpsonf

Last month I hyper extended my knee on a dirtbike and I'm having trouble with the height of the vortex rear sets on my 2000 R6 track bike. The stock pegs on my R-1 were okay, but I just sold it in order to afford more track days this year. Its the last inch of the f'ing rearsets that still hurts like a mofo and they don't seem to be adjustable. My next track day is on Easter weekend at NJMP and I hope I can get something together by then.

Anybody have any advice on where to get some lower pegs?
Thanks,
Fred

minman26

I recommend you start doing some squats.

Definitely post this on the WERA board. I highly doubt my rearsets on the R1 would fit, but if so we can swap.

What about the rearsets off Evan's bike?

simpsonf

I got on the bike a little today and it seems that I might be allright. I was able to get up on the pegs without tears, so by April I should be golden. I bet going back to stock would be a real pain in the ass because of the brake and shift linkages right?

jls223

simpsonf;40512 wrote: I got on the bike a little today and it seems that I might be allright. I was able to get up on the pegs without tears, so by April I should be golden. I bet going back to stock would be a real pain in the ass because of the brake and shift linkages right?
I've got the stock rearsets and pegs from my 07 R6s. Not sure if those would work. I checked the woodcraft site and the rearsets for an 03-05 are different part numbers than a 99 - 02. :dunno:

If all else fails take a shot of WD40 before you get on the track! :D