Ballistic 4 Cell EVO 2 Battery

pickpocket293

Up for sale is a Ballistic 4 Cell EVO 2 battery that I literally JUST picked up from someone a few days ago.. I threw it in the track bike and let it sit on a tender for 24 hours and it'll fire up but it won't keep the bike running.

Selling it for what I bought it for, and I'll eat the shipping.

$75 shipped to your door takes this bad boy home.

Here's the original thread (for teh lulz)

http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141639

and here's some info on the battery:

http://www.kwsmotorsports.com/batteries.htm

pickpocket293

snikwad;201653 wrote: any idea why it wont keep the bike running?
I have a mostly stock 06 R6 with a Bazzaz and AFM unit... I've got no doubts about the functionality of the battery itself (It's not defective), I just think it doesn't have the balls to keep the thing running. :(

If someone had less electronics attached to the bike it would probably work just fine-- or if your idle was a little higher maybe?

quik10r

If I had to guess it's because you used a battery tender. You should never use a trickle charge on this type of battery..

pickpocket293

quik10r;201761 wrote: If I had to guess it's because you used a battery tender. You should never use a trickle charge on this type of battery..

It didn't work beforehand either.... What would you recommend then?

eE jeremy

yeah don't use a tender, it says it on their site and in the info that comes with the battery...

These little batteries run my 600 just fine

pickpocket293

BigBird;201960 wrote: so you're trying to sell something that is defective, and that you didn't take the proper precautions with...

yeah...probably not going to sell...

see if you can get it repaired by KWS

It didn't run the bike before
I used a tender, when it was supposedly "brand new"..

Thanks for the meaningful feedback though. Your opinion definitely couldn't have been written in a PM and sent privately. :doh:

For what it's worth, I'm not trying to screw anybody-- The battery doesn't work for me, so I'm hoping it'll work for someone else.

BigBird

pickpocket293;202094 wrote: It didn't run the bike before I used a tender, when it was supposedly "brand new"..

Thanks for the meaningful feedback though. Your opinion definitely couldn't have been written in a PM and sent privately. :doh:

For what it's worth, I'm not trying to screw anybody-- The battery doesn't work for me, so I'm hoping it'll work for someone else.
NESBA is a family...just trying to state the facts in PUBLIC for my fellow family members...

good luck getting it working though :poorguy:

Thinkmoto

BigBird;202226 wrote: NESBA is a family...just trying to state the facts in PUBLIC for my fellow family members...

good luck getting it working though :poorguy:
The OP stated those 'facts" openly way to go captain obvious.

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
I just think you should have bought the 8 cell version as a minimum configuration. I have it in my 750 with all the electronic gizmo's and it's just fine.

I think the 4-cell version is more suited to electric start dirt bikes.