Baltimore GP

jfeagin

I know it's all cars, but is anybody checking this out? Not a lot of real street courses in the US. Could be pretty cool. And how the heck is it I never heard about this until Wednesday?? :dunno:

jsin38

Just spent the last 3 days there. It was a pretty good show. You could even see some of the track from outside of the circuit meaning that tickets were not always necessary. I really hope they do it again next year. We'll see if they make any changes to the circuit or the spectator areas.

jfeagin

I gather the organizers have a five-year contract with IRL. Don't know why, really, but I kinda like the open-wheel cars. Always nice to see drivers who can turn right, too.

darth nater

Staff member
Control Rider
N2
I was there Saturday for the ALMS race. Overall it was really well organized and run for being the first time in Baltimore. Easy to get in and out of the event and lots of vendors and space. ALMS cars are absolutely awesome and watching the IRL race on DVR right now.

jsin38

It's good to support other forms of motorsports. Glad to see others on here can also think on four wheels as well as two :)

Gorecki

I must live under a rock because I had no idea it was going on until I saw it on a tv screen in a resturant in Germantown and asked 'why is racing on? shouldn't it be football?' :rolleyes:

jfeagin

Gorecki;212001 wrote: I must live under a rock because I had no idea it was going on until I saw it on a tv screen in a resturant in Germantown and asked 'why is racing on? shouldn't it be football?' :rolleyes:
I know I never saw any publicity for it. Given all the race fanatics out this way, you'd think somebody would put up a flier or two!

darth nater

Staff member
Control Rider
N2
The thing was completely sold out, so apparently somebody was getting the word out. I couldn't believe how many people were crawling all over that place.