Baltimore Stealing Dirt Bikes

MR. HUMPY TIME

Warning!
Hi fellow nesbians: Just writing to you to let you be aware that there is a great injustice going on in Baltimore MD. My son had his 2007 Honda CRF 250R dirt bike for sale on craigslist. He received a call from a guy saying he was interested in buying it and could he bring it to him because he had no way of getting back to his house. He told my son that he would give him extra cash if he did. They drove down and unloaded the bike. My son fired it up and road it up and down the road a couple of times. After showing this person that it ran well the guy ask if he could test ride it himself. Now I know that was a mistake on my son’s part but he said ok. Well you guest it the guy rode off never to return. Also found out that this kid didn’t even live in this neighborhood, it was just an address he picked out to do his crime at. He also had been talking to my son on a cell phone back and forth a couple of times but after the deal went down the phone was no longer in service. This I think is a big part of a movement (as they call it) In Baltimore where a lot of guys are riding these stolen bikes and four wheelers on the streets of the city. You can see this on U-Tube, Just type in (RAISEITUP or RAISEITUPTV). It’s too late for my son but I want to warn everyone about this so they don’t get ripped off. These guys are real slick at what they are doing. Not the riding part, the part where they steal the bike right in front of you. So take care and be aware.

Sign your fellow old nesba rider number 4
Bob Herr
p.s. some of you may remember me with the yellow F2 and a smiley face on the back

justintime_3

I feel your pain. I had my Dirtbike stolen right off my trailer while I was there on Air Force training. Called the cops and they said sorry nothing we can do.Pretty shady people up around those parts.

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
About 5 years ago I got all loaded up the night before to go dirt riding with my step-son. My truck was in my driveway and it had a topper on the back.

Next morning I go to leave with him and his PW50 is GONE..stolen. Figured never to be found.

Yep..you guessed it..a month later it was in BALTIMORE in the city impound lot.

I had to PAY $125 for the towing fee to get MY STOLEN property back. Now WHY the guy they caught didn't pay that fee..beyond me.

FUCK BALTIMORE! It's like the Earth's anus...and fortunately I'm just close to it...I'm not in it.

Landshark

Control Rider
Ture story... I was riding shotgun in an unmarked car one night. While canvasing the area near a homicide we noticed several dirt bikes doing wheelies and stunts near that crime scene. They were showing off and taunting the uniforms that couldn't leave the area. As we drove toward the crime scene one bike rode toward the our car. The rider was so startled to see four police in tactical gear that he dropped his bike and fled on foot. The officer in the back right side seat jumped out and attempted chase on foot. I jumped out, picked up the dirt bike, and chased him down with his own bike (cr125). The amount of humiliation he got from his peers was far more than the judicial system could ever do.
That area is chaotic.

avizpls

#11-A
Landshark;207588 wrote: t he dropped his bike and fled on foot. The officer in the back right side seat jumped out and attempted chase on foot. .
They just arent smart. At all. :( So sad for America

Landshark

Control Rider
In this case Damion actually owned his bike. Note though he bought it from the City impound because it was unclaimed stolen property.

Another way is they follow you home if you have the bikes visible in the bed of the truck. They will also ask your address if listed for sale and come back at night to steal it.

bad67deuce

Lost my bike in Baltimore too.

Damn, I wish I had seen this post two days ago. I just lost my '07 CRF 150R to this same scam in Baltimore this past Tuesday. I know its probably just asking for more trouble, but I want to go back down and get it back. Any advice? I have been canvasing the youtube videos and know they all come out and ride the city on Sundays. I was considering riding around the city on a street and trail bike and seeing if I can find it riding around. Its easily identifyable, and since they are so damn ballsy, I doubt that they would change it.
If I happen to find it, just shadow the rider until the time is right, like they stop for fuel, or food, and slide up and slap a master lock around the chain and rear sprocket, and call the cops. I have the title, and would have that on me to show the cops when they come. Any thoughts? I know you're gonna say forget about it, but man I just cant stop thinking about it, and it's burning me up. :confused:

Drtbkrdude

Little Pricks

I'd like to get an apartment there, advertise a bike, and defend my property when they break in to get it.
"If you want to communicate with someone, you gotta speak to them in their own language."

bad67deuce

A few pictures of my bike the morning that it was stolen in Baltimore

img3374m.jpg

Shot at 2012-07-21

img3375db.jpg

Shot at 2012-07-21

Mikey75702

bad67deuce;248686 wrote: Damn, I wish I had seen this post two days ago. I just lost my '07 CRF 150R to this same scam in Baltimore this past Tuesday. I know its probably just asking for more trouble, but I want to go back down and get it back. Any advice? I have been canvasing the youtube videos and know they all come out and ride the city on Sundays. I was considering riding around the city on a street and trail bike and seeing if I can find it riding around. Its easily identifyable, and since they are so damn ballsy, I doubt that they would change it.
If I happen to find it, just shadow the rider until the time is right, like they stop for fuel, or food, and slide up and slap a master lock around the chain and rear sprocket, and call the cops. I have the title, and would have that on me to show the cops when they come. Any thoughts? I know you're gonna say forget about it, but man I just cant stop thinking about it, and it's burning me up. :confused:
Sorry, but i don't think the police will help you at all... There are so many stolen bikes and other crimes there, that you will have to be very lucky to get their help

Drtbkrdude;248690 wrote:
I'd like to get an apartment there, advertise a bike, and defend my property when they break in to get it.
"If you want to communicate with someone, you gotta speak to them in their own language."
Good luck going to jail dude... I would put money on the police arresting you for it, and then the thiefs family will probably sue you and win.

1up5down

Control Rider
Drtbkrdude;248690 wrote: I'd like to get an apartment there, advertise a bike, and defend my property when they break in to get it.
Maryland, isn't Florida Mr. Zimmerman!

R.I.P Trayvon Martin

Drtbkrdude

Stolen Bikes

My earlier statement refers to nothing like the Trayvon Martin case.
That was out in public. In the scenerio I mentioned, I'm am waiting for a home intruder.
I'm in PA! Try coming into my house uninvited sometime!

Drtbkrdude

Drtbkrdude;248940 wrote: My earlier statement refers to nothing like the Trayvon Martin case.
That was out in public. In the scenerio I mentioned, I'm waiting for a home intruder.
I'm in PA! Try breaking into my house at night sometime!
Just Sayin'.

I was on the WERA forum and when I clicked on The Dungeon I was redirected here :wow:

Come'on guys, I think we can all agree that thieves, especially bike thieves, draw our ire for good reason.

Nuff Said.

BZ

Forgot to add:

The important thing is to get the word out to fellow riders these scumbags are running this scam. The more poeple know the harder it is to steall the bikes.

You have a dirtbike for sale and someone from the B-Town wants to see and test ride it? You say "Sure"! Don't come posting up when your bike rides away for good.

BZ