Barber 10-11nov

finny47

matt2212;258190 wrote: This is the last event of the season, don't worry it will be full. Many members travel halfway across the country to ride the last barber event
I'm coming down from Chicago for the 4th year in a row.
Hoping to earn my bump into A before leaving.

borislav

Control Rider
Dave561;258389 wrote: As long as your purty mouth is going I might. :D
D-Zum;258398 wrote: Pack your lipstick Bo!!!!!

YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAA!!!!!
Shoot if that's the case I may even go and buy some new colors!:D

corymac

Finny47,

Don't chase a bump to "A". Just let it happen. When it does you'll be like I wasn't trying to do that.:D I went down to Baber a couple of years ago and was chasing the bump, luckly I didn't kill anyone out there. I was riding way over my head and almost ass packed about three riders going into turn 5. From that point on, I stop chasing the bump and before I knew it I had my "A" sticker on the bike. I was just so hell bent on getting my bump that I was not riding smart and the control riders knew it.
I wish I was going down there guys, I'm trying to rebuild the engine in the bike over the winter. Need to save some cash. I'm so going to miss the meet and greet Saturday night there. Matt22 is going to have to take over for me there.

nike_air

Another question, and the FAQ is confusing me...

What do I need to bring for registration?
Do you all have a Nesba Membership card?

I know it says you can bring some membership transaction thing but I don't know what that is...

stkr

Nike - if you go into your registered events. There's a button to "re-send" the registration email. That will send you the required form for each day. Just print them out, sign them and bring them to registration.

I don't thin they've sent out membership cards for a year or so, or I just never got mine. Just have a photo ID with you.

If you've got the forms, then bring the forms, your bike, and all of your gear to registration and its a one stop process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
You'll need to wear a thong to registration..so make sure you have a bikini wax before that weekend.

Butt...seriously...

You bring a photo ID to registration and your signed release form(s).

You bring your bike and gear..everything you're going to have on the track to Tech Inspection.

It's just that simple.

finny47

corymac;258411 wrote: Finny47,

Don't chase a bump to "A". Just let it happen. When it does you'll be like I wasn't trying to do that.:D .
I understand. I've been in I a couple of years. This year, everything started to click and fall into place. Lap times (and heart rate) dropped. I was intentionally starting in the back of the I group and passing everyone... some people twice. Got the nod to move up to A and held my lines when passed inside and out by the local current/former WERA/AMA experts and even passed some other A riders.

So I won't be pushing it, but I feel ready. If not, it will still be fun to be in I again and be the one doing the passing.

nike_air

thanks for the help.

i registered a couple weeks ago and was thinking where is my card at?! do i even get one?!

davidreaper

So I have till the time I graduate to pay the tickets lol
waiting for the spacers on the new swingarm to come in and the brake caliper bracket and I am Barber bound

I have to ride beginner since I've never rode with NESBA, but I've been with X-Act a couple times. Will be the first time since I was gone over seas :D

Ruhe52

Not to take this into a this club vs but X Act I and NESBA I are truly different beasts so you will have fun in B. as an FYI though you can if it is your first time ever riding NESBA you can sign up directly into I

nike_air

2 more weeks wut! wut!

how strict is tech? i ordered new pads and lines for this thing....not sure if i need rotors though.

davidreaper

Ruhe52;258447 wrote: Not to take this into a this club vs but X Act I and NESBA I are truly different beasts so you will have fun in B. as an FYI though you can if it is your first time ever riding NESBA you can sign up directly into I
I'm gonna stick with B for now, last time I rode on a track was in 2010 on a 250, now I've got the 600 and1000

matt2212

corymac;258411 wrote:
I wish I was going down there guys, I'm trying to rebuild the engine in the bike over the winter. Need to save some cash. I'm so going to miss the meet and greet Saturday night there. Matt22 is going to have to take over for me there.

EDIT hurracane sandy kicked us in the nuts... I am not able to make barber anymore.....