Barber 27 28

maine11204

l_77ab198e593ffff5a4539d94dde2e013.jpg

i didnt know people actually look at avatar lol. This was from lastyear halloween. I WON the costume contest!

maine11204

Yea, it was definitely a night to remember. But I have some plans for this year already so I hoping for a repeat...

fossilfuel

YzRacer212;17517 wrote: I will be there Friday evening with a travel trailer. This will be my first trip with NESBA however I have been to Barber once before with STT. Does anyone know what time the gates close? I need to get in and get power but I am bringing a friend that doesn't get off work until 4 so coming from Mobile that puts us there around 830. Hope I can still get in.

Hey YzRacer,
There are three of us from Mobile going up Friday around 14:30. If you want a wrist band you need to get there before 21:00 or you won't get signed in. That said, once you have the wrist band you can get in an out all night. Looks us up when you get there..We will have three Honda's (Black 1000, red 600, white 600) and parked on the second level on the West side....We would like to meet more people from Mobile who are addicted.

Chip

fossilfuel;17628 wrote: Hey YzRacer,
There are three of us from Mobile going up Friday around 14:30. If you want a wrist band you need to get there before 21:00 or you won't get signed in. That said, once you have the wrist band you can get in an out all night. Looks us up when you get there..We will have three Honda's (Black 1000, red 600, white 600) and parked on the second level on the West side....We would like to meet more people from Mobile who are addicted.
I'm coming up from Fairhope if you're going to be there on Sunday. I've got a 50th anniversary R1 and red leathers

frisbike

hopefully going to Barber for the weekend but I live in Asheville, NC where we have to wait in line for an hour to get gas, that is if we can find a station that has it. I have enough gas to get out of the area here, does anyone know how it is along the interstates 85 and 20 to Barber?

Mr. Blindrider

frisbike;17699 wrote: hopefully going to Barber for the weekend but I live in Asheville, NC where we have to wait in line for an hour to get gas, that is if we can find a station that has it. I have enough gas to get out of the area here, does anyone know how it is along the interstates 85 and 20 to Barber?
That sucks dude. I hope there is no problem any where else.

Dezmo

frisbike;17699 wrote: hopefully going to Barber for the weekend but I live in Asheville, NC where we have to wait in line for an hour to get gas, that is if we can find a station that has it. I have enough gas to get out of the area here, does anyone know how it is along the interstates 85 and 20 to Barber?
Make sure youre full before you get to atlanta, theres no gas there either.

(actually, theres plenty of gas everywhere, its the ppl freaking out and topping off their tanks when they get down to 3/4 that is causing the shortages):banghead:

JRA

fossilfuel;17628 wrote: Hey YzRacer,
There are three of us from Mobile going up Friday around 14:30. If you want a wrist band you need to get there before 21:00 or you won't get signed in.
That said, once you have the wrist band you can get in an out all night. Looks us up when you get there..We will have three Honda's (Black 1000, red 600, white 600) and parked on the second level on the West side....We would like to meet more people from Mobile who are addicted.
There have been some changes concerning entering the Park this year at Barber that are different than in years past, but assuming nothing has changed since the last event at Barber...If you are pre registered for the the event you can get in at any time by either signing in at the registration building between 6:00 pm and 9:00 pm, or after 9:00 pm by signing in with the guard at the gate. If you are not pre registered for the event, or you are just coming to spectate you have to stop at the registration building and sign in to receive your wristband before 9:00 pm. Between 9:00 pm and 6:00 am only pre registered riders can enter by signing in with the guard at the gate. Once you have a wristband you can come and go at anytime no matter whether you are a rider or spectator. The gate usually opens around 6:00 pm Friday evening.

If any of this has changed I'm sure one of the directors will post up with the correct info.

YzRacer212

Thanks for the info guys. Glad to see some riders from the Mobile area going up, perhaps I will see you on the way. I am picking up a rental camper tomorrow and heading up around 14:30. Ford Super Duty with 2 R1's in the back. Can't wait especially with this great weather!

sheepofblue

Anyone going that could do me a facor? :D Could you check the pump price in the pits and see if ethanol is added or it is straight gas? Thanks.

Pasha

We came all the way from Upstate New York to ride Barber! We missed out last year, so we made sure to book waaaaayyy in advance for this weekend's event!

You can't miss us! Big white Dodge Mega Cab with a big white trailer with RPM Cycleworks on the side. We brought 5 riders with us (2 in B and 3 in I) and picked up another in North Carolina, who will also be in I group.

We'll be there for both days, so come by and say hello :)

I'm riding a red Honda F4i, #471!

Here's to a great weekend!

jimgl3

another awesome NESBA track day!
good to see everyone
nice to meet new folks
many thanks due for help
Brian Johnson: the family got in on the second go round. apparently some confusion w/ the cross country event. thanks for your care and concern
all the control riders for their time and insight
frisbike for helping me load our bikes
the guy in the Colin Edwards hat at the ER ...sometimes a buck can buy priceless...sorry I still can't recall your name.

hope to see you all again at Barber in November!

jimgl3

nah, my buddy Bryan had a high-side coming out of one of the chicanes, landing on his rump. he checked out o.k. at the ER, but he's going to be sore awhile! the bike could certainly be worse. having landed on it's nose, the headlamp assy and such isn't needed on the track anyway... looking on the bright side *pun

Jim

maine11204

Hey Jim, it was good to finally get to meet you. Glad your friend is okay? Did you get that bump you were looking for? Unfortunatly I didn't get mine but I was pretty close. But I definitly had a BLAST out there.

jimgl3

no way man! I just thought I needed a bump! Barber opened my eyes! There is no way I could have lit out on that track in I group. Rd Atlanta is a piece of cake compared to Barber. I got a nasty lesson in just how much I have to learn.

Nice to meet you too. you are one fine rider. I watched you a good bit. you were easy to spot. always up front and flying low!

maine11204

jimgl3;18302 wrote: no way man! I just thought I needed a bump! Barber opened my eyes! There is no way I could have lit out on that track in I group. Rd Atlanta is a piece of cake compared to Barber. I got a nasty lesson in just how much I have to learn.

Nice to meet you too. you are one fine rider. I watched you a good bit. you were easy to spot. always up front and flying low!
Thats exactly how I felt the first time I went. Barber is ALOT more technical than Road A and takes a lot more work to go fast on that Road A does. All of the different cambers and differents lines really through me for a loop but I'm starting to get the hang of it.