Barber 4/13 - 4/14

matt2212

From an old barber thread

Info here: http://tracktalk.nesba.com/showthread.php?t=2948

Bicycles are allowed. Tent camping is on the hill above the service road into the paddock

#5 Barber Motorsports Park

Map: http://www.google.com/maps?f=d&saddr...58107&t=h&z=14

GPS Coordinates: 33.533597 N : 86.612391 W (+33° 32' 0.95", -86° 36' 44.61")

Track Web site: http://www.barbermotorsports.com/

Track Info: http://www.trackpedia.com/wiki/Barber_Motorsports_Park

Track Facts: http://www.na-motorsports.com/Tracks/AL/Barber.html

Track Weather: http://www.racetrackweather.com/cgi-...dh&pands=35094

Gate Hours: 24/7

Camping Allowed: Yes (no fees)

Electricity Fees: $25/day

Showers: Yes

Pets Allowed: No, unless required to assist handicapped individuals.

Pit bikes allowed: Yes

Sunday down time: 11am - 12pm (quiet time 8pm - 8am)

Tire/Vendor Service: Yes

Notes: Registered riders may check-in anytime after 6pm Friday (and 24/7 thereafter) before a weekend event. Non-registered spectators and other non-participants must check in at Registration building before 9pm Friday, or before 6pm on Saturday or Sunday. After initial check-in, registered riders and non-registered spectators may enter/exit 24/7 using arm band. For riders, if you use a side stand (kickstand), track rules require that you use a block of wood/plastic/etc. to protect asphalt). No glass bottles allowed in the paddock. No charcoal grills allowed (propane gas grills are okay).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
matt2212;270196 wrote: Usually you have to sign in by a certain time then the gate is 24 hours but registered riders may be exempt from the cut off time, have your wife hide in the trailer ;)

I hope they don't try and pull that shit on me. NOLA did that to me last weekend when I went to race with WERA. 24/7 gate guard, but wouldn't take the $20 for the weekend so we could enter. Had to part the truck/trailer RIGHT OUTSIDE the gate, then wait till 7AM the next morning, then they let us in. Meanwhile, dudes that were already there came and left all night as they pleased. And all I did was sign the stupid sign in sheet and get a freaking wristband. Yeah, like you couldn't do that at night, right??? :rolleyes:

matt2212

Otto Man;270199 wrote: I hope they don't try and pull that shit on me. NOLA did that to me last weekend when I went to race with WERA. 24/7 gate guard, but wouldn't take the $20 for the weekend so we could enter. Had to part the truck/trailer RIGHT OUTSIDE the gate, then wait till 7AM the next morning, then they let us in. Meanwhile, dudes that were already there came and left all night as they pleased. And all I did was sign the stupid sign in sheet and get a freaking wristband. Yeah, like you couldn't do that at night, right??? :rolleyes:
The only thing I know is that at barber the rules will be enforced exactly as stated.

JRA

The sticky at the top of this page is accurate. It has the gate hours listed. As a participant in the event you're on the guards list of registered riders. If you aren't a registered rider you have to check in at the registration bldg. Between six and nine pm. No exceptions. Those are their rules, not ours.

JRA

Otto Man;270199 wrote: I hope they don't try and pull that shit on me. NOLA did that to me last weekend when I went to race with WERA. 24/7 gate guard, but wouldn't take the $20 for the weekend so we could enter. Had to part the truck/trailer RIGHT OUTSIDE the gate, then wait till 7AM the next morning, then they let us in. Meanwhile, dudes that were already there came and left all night as they pleased. And all I did was sign the stupid sign in sheet and get a freaking wristband. Yeah, like you couldn't do that at night, right??? :rolleyes:
Probably because there was an entry fee involved.

Barber actually makes a special accommodation for us to allow our riders to enter after 9:00. The general rule is that if you aren't signed in by 9:00 pm you don't enter until the registration bldg opens again the next morning.

Southerly

I remembered seeing something about a meet and greet at Barber this weekend, but couldn't find it in the Barber threads. Doing a search I saw that where it was mentioned was in a Road Atlanta thread.

After having to miss last weekend, I am looking forward to a great time on the track and off.

JRA

Yeah, we have something in the works. It'll probably be a big let down for anybody who attended Kenny and Corey's feast last weekend at VIR, but it'll still be a good time. I'll announce specifics at the riders meeting.

ANORXIC '51

Just made it to the hotel this morning around 4am from MN. I'll be on the #951 848 in B-group. Anxious to slowly brush the cobwebs off after a brutal (and apparently still clinging on for dear life) winter offseason. :)

60148629-91EE-4F26-A7AF-F91F957B67D7-183-000001DDBBEAADEC_zps7770b3b2.jpg

-Christian

Starface111

Control Rider
Starface111;270076 wrote: I'm in. Keeping my hopes up for no red flags. Best goal I have ever heard!! I wonder if it ever happened.
Im not in. I waited to long to register. I will be there with a fellow Nesbian to ride on Sunday. He will be riding "B". I will have everything I need to ride except for an "I" registration form. If anyone hears of an opening, I will be in a dark metallic grey Xterra, red black and silver CBR 600, and a blue tent shade. My phone is 678-245-0821.
If I can't get on the track then my bike will be for rent. LOL

Narcosis

Great day yesterday as a first time NESBA rider. Thanks to the NESBA team, Barber and other riders for making it such an awesome experience. See everyone at RA May 25th.

Relic

Saturday was awesome. Regarding Sunday, whatever these weather guys get paid, it's way too much, if ya ask me:):). On Saturday I broke a 1:40! Woo hoo! I was hoping to hit that 1:38 mark but it looks like I'm a gonna have to wait.

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
Damn that lap timer is sweet (Along with the lap time)! Bummer the beacon(s) weren't working right. Wish I had an idea on where I was. Guess I could use my go pro video as a very rough estimate.

How did Sunday turn out? I gave up about 2PM and called it a day. Weather.com didn't have such a good forecast.

Relic

Starface111;270503 wrote: Nice timer. Expensive though. At least for me.
There's a good market for a GPS lap timer so even if you have to shell out the money upfront, you can usually sell it back for a good price. Besides, it comes in pretty handy...no need to worry about beacons, the diagnostics are pretty good for feedback, and best of all, you can divide tracks into splits and work on one or two splits at a time to improve your overall results. Be on the lookout for a used GPS lap timer...then move fast (no pun intended!).