Barber Electric?

CBRtist

A little early I know, but a buddy and I might need to tentatively plan ahead because of my genny/battery/old ass RV issues :mad:

Is electrical plentiful or need to get reserved? And if reserved... Tom can I get on your +1 list if you are mass reserving lol? :D ;)

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
There are three tiers of paddock space at Barber. From my experience, power connections supplied are plentiful.

tdelegram

Control Rider
From my recollection Darrin is correct, I think the level near the track is limit the or it was the 50 amp service that was limited.

wmhjr

Grandpa
Control Rider
I agree with Tom. I recall having to use a single 20amp connection strung across hot pit through a fence when I was down near the building next to the track this past year. I think both 30 and 50 amp service was limited down there.

They have added a lot of 50 amp plugs on all levels now. They also added a few 100's too. Might need to buy a step down adapter 50-30 or 50-110 but power is available and more accessible now than ever.

HJ

tdelegram

Control Rider
They have added a lot of 50 amp plugs on all levels now. They also added a few 100's too. Might need to buy a step down adapter 50-30 or 50-110 but power is available and more accessible now than ever.

HJ
Thanks John, I wish I was headed out there this year so you could have reunion with your bike! Can't wait to get that thing on the track and am worried my rc8 will start gathering dust.

wmhjr

Grandpa
Control Rider
FWIW, Barber is a class place. Even without the new power installs, the facility is remarkable, the track is beautifully maintained, and I've never seen such efficient and fast track services. When a rider went down, it seemed like they recovered the bike and rider within about 90 seconds.

Also, for those not having been there before, if you can figure out how to get there either earlier or stay an extra day or so, the museum is incredible. It was already beyond description, and they were adding on significantly when we were there in November '15. Don't know if it's done yet, but it is well worth the time - and you'll need some time to get through it.

There was a charge for the power at Barber the last 2-3 times I have been. Premo facility for sure, worth the extra coin. They also built a bridge over the track that just leads to a observation area best I could tell. Don't know if it was for anyone or just Museum patrons.