Barber I Video...

wallacew

No its not HD for the purist in the crowd, that takes way too long to download and its too large of a file.

Video is great, BUT it doesn't show the small intricacies the track has, like the little dip out of T5.

Traffic management, T5, T1, carrying more speed into the turns and less on the straits (yea weird, but it makes sense in my mind), and smoother braking were the themes for the weekend for me.

Saturday

http://youtu.be/jm729uW1xBw

Sunday

http://youtu.be/T2CQENwBKwk

wallacew

ecycle;223083 wrote: Nice! I'm guessing you are on a liter bike and stayed in 3rd the whole session?

Earle
SECR
Yup, 2nd sometimes into T7 (museum turn), mostly 3rd every where else.

I used to try going into second into T5, but that just caused the bike to be very twitchy (if that's a word) on exit. Which caused my exit to be slower. Sooooo, staying in 3rd works for me, it allows me to enter 5 with more speed and ease into the throttle earlier, therefore exiting faster. Up until I see a CR or other faster guys do it. But, there's always someone faster. I'm going to practice in my garage this winter, a debut my skills next season :)

spaceman

Nice vid! I've been looking for a good vid that shows the race lines on that track, I want to give it a go next year.

JC~DUC1098R

Thanks

W,
Thanks for letting me ride in front of you a few laps in that session... :) Did you run your times on that session.... we did 5 (of the 9) laps at or below 1:43... that's impressive for this old man... Also, I learned so much watching where i was and was not getting off the bike in the turns... (my theme for the weekend, along with 100% (goal) smooth throttle control). Great seeing you two and thanks again for the fun (and the video). I will return the video favor next season as I bought 2 GP Hero 2's today (for most of the time I'm behind you and the couple of times I'm not... :))

Best,

JC

wallacew

JC~DUC1098R;223527 wrote: W,
Thanks for letting me ride in front of you a few laps in that session... :) Did you run your times on that session.... we did 5 (of the 9) laps at or below 1:43... that's impressive for this old man... Also, I learned so much watching where i was and was not getting off the bike in the turns... (my theme for the weekend, along with 100% (goal) smooth throttle control). Great seeing you two and thanks again for the fun (and the video). I will return the video favor next season as I bought 2 GP Hero 2's today (for most of the time I'm behind you and the couple of times I'm not... :))

Best,

JC
yea, funny. if letting you means trying everything i could within my talent level and the rules to pass, with little to no success, then okay. It was very fun. I enjoyed it.

Good stuff

William