Barber let's hear it. Who's in?

Sprintman

Looking mostly to not crash and learn something about the RC51 I bought this past fall. The bike is a cherry 2004 Nicky edition that I had no intention of tracking (way too pretty), but then I started clearing the intake, removing the soft rev limiter, all the pollution crap, and getting a custom map. Then I noticed (and bought) some cheap rashed plastics on Ebay, a cheap tank and what do you know, the old feeling is back. It's been about a year and a half since I've been on the track and that has been on SV's so this will be a real different ride for me. This bike has so much more power than the SV's that I will really have to be cautious till I get in the groove. The SV's also seemed much more nimble than this bike so it will be interesting to see how she turns. Barber is my favorite track, so maybe that will ease my transition back. Will be there both days, so if you don't run over me on Saturday, be I will be able to keep up on Sunday.

Caveman

I'll be there both day's.

Goal for the weekend: Make it a full day without wrecking or having mechanical problems.

lshawngentry

I'm signed up for both days and giddy like a schoolgirl. Can't wait to get back to Barber for my 3rd weekend there. Just want to work on being smooth, picking up my speed a bit, and getting off the bike a lot more. I'd be lying if I didn't say I want to get my knee down and I think turn one is the place to do it for my first time. and for some reason, I actually love turn 5. just love that track so much - can't wait to get back... 15 days and counting!

Caveman;120138 wrote: I'll be there both day's.

Goal for the weekend: Make it a full day without wrecking or having mechanical problems.

How did you get signed up? I assume we got the bump at the same time in the system, and I'm waitlisted for I now :(

gixxercurt

i'll be there practicing and tuning for the wera round. lookin to break into into the 39's consistantly any kind of 38 would be even better. i guess we'll see:dunno:

Caveman

tomwilliford;120150 wrote: How did you get signed up? I assume we got the bump at the same time in the system, and I'm waitlisted for I now :(
I Have no Idea. I did sign up for Barber Sat afternoon during RA as my bike was down and I had plenty of time on my hands. I'm working out an issue with my membership as it had expired on the 5th and somehow that's effected my sign up for SED at VIR on the 14th in the I group. Still working thru the bump from B to I on getting everything updated with NESBA.

Have you tried bribing someone? It's amazing what results you can get out of some food and cheap beer.

I have no shame....

dpullen

You are all going to have a blast! I'll be up at Nashville chasing some guys who are chasing points, all the while wishing I was further south playing with my NESBA peeps... :(

JRA

Caveman;120157 wrote: I Have no Idea. I did sign up for Barber Sat afternoon during RA as my bike was down and I had plenty of time on my hands. I'm working out an issue with my membership as it had expired on the 5th and somehow that's effected my sign up for SED at VIR on the 14th in the I group. Still working thru the bump from B to I on getting everything updated with NESBA.

Have you tried bribing someone? It's amazing what results you can get out of some food and cheap beer.

I have no shame....

There isn't any trickery here, David was signed up in the B group for Barber and he's still signed up for B group.

If you are already signed up for a future event and you get bumped to the next group prior to that event, the system will only move you up for the future event if there is space available in the group you were bumped to. If not you stay in the group you had originally registered in.

Blue FZ1

This will be my first track day. I will just be trying to learn all I can and keep the shiny side up. My R1 is way too pretty to lay down. How do you track your lap times? Does the track do it? Do I have to rent some kind of transmitter?

dpullen

A lot of people have a lap timer, mounted on their bike, which receives an infrared signal from the beacon that is set up somewhere on the front straight. For your first track day, I would recommend not worrying about your lap times - instead, focus on being smooth and consistent, and on being comfortable at speed.

Once you get the basics down, then you'll want to invest in a lap timer and use it to see how changes in your bike, your lines, and your riding impact your lap times.

- Dave

Blue FZ1

Thanks. Yeah, my R1 has a lap timer that I have to hit the start button to use, but I don't want anything distracting me on the track so I am not going to be fooling with that. I was just thinking about it so I could have numbers to look at to see my improvement over the 2 days.

Bottlecap75

If the "new" trailer arrives this week, I will be camping Friday eve. If not, I'll be getting there Saturday morn. I'm looking for a CR to look at my body position so I can figure out why I go faster left than right.
I also have an issue with dragging my right toe on uphill right handers (T1 and T5 at Lightning for example). One CR told me that my stock rearsets weren't going to cut it anymore at these lean angles, especially when the rear packs down going up a hill on the gas. So I put on a set of Vortex on over the winter. Are there any uphill rights at Barber? Kinda tough to tell from the youtube vids.

Any words of caution/encouragement from you southern folk would be appreciated by a Yankee comin down to check out your fine racetracks. I heard y'all are pretty fast....

Ruhe52

Yeah you will get to work on uphill rights there is a small uphill right 4 and 12 or and 14 is uphill but does not feel that way.

Meat

cyclerant;120342 wrote: Yeah you will get to work on uphill rights there is a small uphill right 4 and 12 or and 14 is uphill but does not feel that way.
And I think 3 would give the feeling of a serious uphill right since he will be going downhill coming into T3 and uphill coming out.

speedster_chris

A) Sort out suspension (front end mostly). I learned to trust the front on my 6RR, but am having trouble coming to terms with the 10R. Shouldn't take too long to get it ballpark right, which is usually all I need.

B) Ride well and get bumped to the A group!

Should be a great weekend all around! Also, if you're wondering about the BioWeapon fuel, I used some at Rd. Atlanta and really loved it, even without retuning the fuel map! Great stuff all around.

dj life

Are any of the guys from BioWeapon going to be on hand that weekend? I have a race (car) shop that is interested in your fuel. I just want to pick up a 5 gallon drum so they can test it out.
Thanks